Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some things are better left alone..

IMG_7467.jpg

Sooooooo, a short time ago, clearly the world was heading towards crisis, so Dids rang and suggested a weekend "fishing" to solve some of these dilemmas. Thursday night, after a brief phone call(beer may or may not have been involved) the plan was for Dids to message when at gympie, and id meet him to launch around high tide..9am..ish.
    After a restless nights sleep, i rolled over to look at my phone in the darkness, and lo and behold, there was a text message saying "At Gympie.leaving now". Bleary eyed,and in some mild panic of not being ready, my mind harked back thinking, i have heard rumour about this bloke arriving early(heresay only). Anyways, i hastily threw stuff in the esky and made my way down to the ramp. Jode brought meg to meet the great man, and she didn't eat him. Winning.

So off we went, and after a short run arrrived at our destination, throwing extra fuel out on the bank and going to check the pots. We ended up with a few cracking muddies, and so went on to fish. To be honest, the fishing was pretty quiet, with plenty of small grunter,but not much else. Dids was mucking about with some blades, so i dived off to see if there was any prawns. It was hard going then i found a few, so went to get Dids and his new prawn net. We had a few more casts, got a feed, and decided it was time to go have a good old cookup. I suggested we only needed a small fire, to get the pot boiling. Too easy was the reply. I went to get the cooker from the bush, and came back to something reminiscent of the towering inferno. anyways, a couple of handy sticks made getting the cooker on and off a mostly painless affair. We sat in the breeze, talked some rubbish and ate warm crab,prawns, and icy cold beer. With the tide rising we went had another fish, and soon hit the hay after a great sunset.

Saturday dawned pretty windy, so we did the pots, had a fish, ate some breakky(During breakky i was informed of Dids electrical expertise during the night) then i went for a whiting fish, while Dids informed me he was going looking for a deep hole.....i just left that as it was and ran.

Anyway, the whiting werent playing...but i saw a few prawns skipping. I got my bucket, but it was hard going, popping some panadol for the back. About 4 my phone rang...it was Dids..garbled..i figured he was on the booze somewhere, having found his deep hole. Making no sense, the phone cut out....five minutes later..same again. I went to where i thought he was...the creek was empty, save for a llaunch with an old couple on it, and they said, yep..some loony in a poly went up here an hour ago. So back i went...
    Ill leave the next section of the story blank.....Some things are best left not said....

And so we had dinner...with the wind dropping out the bugs were pretty fierce, so we had an early night, i was buggered from prawning and dids was buggered from...well...you know...

A shower through the night, hot, still..anyway, i was woken early by a few dolphins just poking around the boat, not much doing so i packed the swag and stuff, and sat watching a great sunrise drinking an iced coffee milk.
    We fished a bit, i put the pots away, and we solved a few of the worlds problems while drifting up the creek.
    Too soon we were pulling the boats out, and saying hooray.
    Was a great weekend, the fishing was really slow, but thats fishing. We got a feed of prawns and crab so it wasnt too bad.

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7454.jpg

IMG_7438.jpg

cookup2.jpg

cookupcrabs.jpg

Crabme.jpg

Crusteaz Grunter.jpg

Dids fish.jpg

Didsbreakfast.jpg

Didsentree.jpg

Didssunset.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

grunterdemonzcrusteaz.jpg

Slimswimz Grunter.jpg

Two boaTS.jpg

DSC_0264.jpg
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that's pretty much how it went, but best I just clarify a few things:

1) Yes we need to solve a few of the world major problems, I think we achieved that, it's just the implementation of our decisions that's needed

2)When there is a fishing trip in the wind, I have trouble sleeping, so at 3.30 I decided to make a relaxed trip north for a bacon and egg meal at a servo at Gympie then get the boss out of bead early and get on with it. Great to see Jodes at the ramp and meet Meg, Meg did mention she's very very keen to meet my Hahn, so I'll allow that to happen soon.

3)First day was a cracker, these country folk have no idea how lucky they are, "no fish" ???????

4) Have you ever sat and eaten fresh campfire cooked Mud crab and prawns till your stuffed on a beach, best you try that.

5)Friday night and I found I'd forgotten the battery for my swag fan, after putting very fine mesh on it i get no airflow. So after the first two hours of suffocation, I got up turned the whole swag around to get the head end nearest to the boat switch board and rewired the swag into the boat lectricity supply. Genius really!

6)I did go missing for a while, we have agreed some things should stay on camp, CHEWY! But I was ready for bed at 7 that night.

7)Second last photo of Chewy's describes the weekend pretty well.DSC_0365.jpgDSC_0379.jpgDSC_0381.jpgDSC_0390.jpg

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff boys. Muddies look awesome.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report from both you lads, sounds a top weekend.
    Also, nice Pikey Bream there Dids. Would have gone well with the crustaceans.

Put a smile on the old dial,
    Thanks

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackie, that is some sort of "black bream" Just like a pikey but very dark, may be the boys can enlighten me????

Ps. by the way that thing is huge, my big hands make it look small.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report's fella's, a great time had by all. I was going to come down on Saturday but it was to windy.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil Brush View Post
    Great report's fella's, a great time had by all. I was going to come down on Saturday but it was to windy.
    There wasn't much wind where Dids ended up... Just sayin'
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I,ll have to keep an eye out for that loonie in the poly

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what they say about big hands Dids......big gloves.
    That muddy with the cross is a cracker, he would have been nice n full Im betting, nice little trip lads.
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Living the good life boys, what a cracking weekend, regardless of the fish numbers, it's all about mates, good times and solving the worlds problems. Must say, I'm a little bit envious.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast