Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Slackest man in Australia?

Ok, I admit it. I used to be a serial pest when it came to reports. Every bloody time I got so much as a nibble or more you would hear about it. Then things changed in my life (read- met a chick)

So lately I have been thinking that I should contribute a bit more again so I am going to make a bit more of an effort. Here's a start

I awoke at 1:21am and pondered life for a while thinking I should go back to sleep. I watched some YouTube fishing vids and checked Facebook. The lady finally woke at around 4am and said "what's up?"

"Can't sleep" I say.

" How about I make you scrambled eggs on toast before you go fishing?"

It was always gonna be a good day.

i hit the water right on sunrise and headed for my favourite spot. Tide was on the way in with it expected to top at around 8:30. I was casting up current with a 4 inch gulp curl tail in green prawn. Around quarter to seven I got a nice hit and landed a nice flat one in the low fifties. Shortly after I scored another one of similar quality. They seemed to be hanging in close to the mangroves as the tide rose. I pushed further up into a little inlet I had been wanting to explore for a while but that only yielded undersized flatties but they did provide a bit of fun.

I turned around and headed back to where I got the better fish and it didn't take long as the tide topped out to land two more quality fish.

I headed back in with four nice fish for the table and a contented smile on my face

I have taken my time lately to try and get some quality pics. I have added a couple in here that are not just from today because I would like to share them. My FB friends have probably seen them

Anyway, tights lines

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg