Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: squid fun

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default squid fun

havnt hit the bay for a week lol so out onto the flats for a look,got the tide just right first up for some flatty action ,found an unusual amount of bartail,all in the 450 range with a nice scattering of larger duskies,there have been good numbers of squid cruising the flats this year, today was no different they cruise along jet black up against the sand ,cant understand that as they stick out like dogsballs as soon as they see the jig they go clear go figure.my challenge is trying to get all the squid in each pack lol some have six or seven in them .usually they spook after three or four caught.landed around ten kept a few for eating .they are great fun in really shallow water ,I got the customary inking as well all over the motor and transam.stopped of on a little sand bar and had lunch and a beer .great place I live imo
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile