Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Bribie

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bribie

Hi
    Going to be down on Bribie for a week starting this Saturday. Bit of a present for my 90 year old mum whose parents lived at Woorim in the 60's and 70's and loved going there. Bit different now!!
    I am bringing boat down and weather does not look great. Had visions of shooting over to Cowan a bit to catch up with friends but looks like I'll be confined to the passage with the weather. We have a house in canal area near bridge so will look for some jacks and jew etc around these structures with a few night trips thrown in. Use to fish this area hard as a young fella, but as I haven't fished there for probably 30 years has anybody got any ideas on where I should look. How does Coochin fish these days and also around Toorbul and Donnybrook??

Dave

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saltboy View Post
    Hi
    Going to be down on Bribie for a week starting this Saturday. Bit of a present for my 90 year old mum whose parents lived at Woorim in the 60's and 70's and loved going there. Bit different now!!
    I am bringing boat down and weather does not look great. Had visions of shooting over to Cowan a bit to catch up with friends but looks like I'll be confined to the passage with the weather. We have a house in canal area near bridge so will look for some jacks and jew etc around these structures with a few night trips thrown in. Use to fish this area hard as a young fella, but as I haven't fished there for probably 30 years has anybody got any ideas on where I should look. How does Coochin fish these days and also around Toorbul and Donnybrook??

Dave
    Coochin area get a bit shallow and depending on the size of your boat is tide dependant but you would need to work out the time differances for the tide there as well, Donnybrook Toorbul still holds good numbers of flathead on the flats and whiting ,you could also try bribie bridge about 10th to 12th pilon out from mainland for snapper or Jew on last hour or first hour of run in tide other wise gets to hard to fish ,just be aware it shallows up quickly onto rock after around the 10th pilon ,hope this helps u a little PS stay to marked channels even some of those are very shallow these days