Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

As promised (although it took a day or two extra).

Went down river again on Tuesday looking for king threadfin.

Water a bit dirtier and tides going towards dark moon.

Wind would have blown the proverbial off a chain.

Not so successful this time but run was certainly much quicker.

Couple of unintentional barra got in the way of threadfin.

Stacks of gold spot cod again with a surprising number between 40 and 50 cm. Released them all (about 25) without bothering to tag. Boy, did the little buggers give the paint on the lure a touch-up with those myriads of little teeth.

Couple of photos.

82cm tagged barra with a slightly bronze back and a algae encrusted spear tag. Spear tag means that it wasn't a released fingerling as they're smaller gun tags or even micro tags. Reckon its spent time in fresh water (either 12 Mile Ck near Marmor or above the Rocky barrage)

Took a Squirrel sardine on the pause (again). Mate had asked me the time so I had to stop retrieving, twist wrist around while still holding rod one-handed and use other hand to pull watch face into view from under long sleeve shirt.
    Time was 11.05 am and that's exactly when the barra hit near the boat. Felt like a one-armed wall paper hanger with nits for a minute or two. Geez he pulled in the strong current.

Mate got a little king threadfin and I got another unintentional barra of 55 cm. He was really chrome.

Will let you know details about where the 82cm one was tagged.

Attachment 34313Attachment 34314Attachment 34315.
    Last edited by Douglas; 26-01-2017 at 09:30 AM.