Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Mostly I use 12lb Schneider mate. 15 on the heavier rods. If I'm throwing hard bodies, which is almost never, I'll use 30. In saying that I am using mostly 4-6 lb braid, 12 is the heaviest I use.
    I might just add, using this might gear hasn't got much to do with being sporting. As I'm getting on I find using plastics for a full morning down there pretty painful in the neck and shoulders. I just use it because it's the most comfortable outfit I have for long periods of fishing. I/we get dusted plenty, but we try pick out battles. A lot of fish are hooked in a metre of water, when hopefully, but not always the water isn't in the mangroves to deny then that avenue of escape. Nothing better then man tickig along on the electric in a shallow drain and flicking a little grub in front of a cruising thready I reckon.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul. We were on a higher tide, mainly to due to the exploring nature and the mouths being very shallow. Aim would be to go back in on a dropping tide and work the whole bottom half of the tide over as there was enough water in there to have some during the low. Some of the bust ups were potentially pilot error!!!
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12