Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Funchy goes back to school

So the story goes something like this: funchy rang me Friday in a real state, he'd been laid up for some while with a bad back, and was going to try and make a comeback to top level flathead fishing. So who else would he ring. Leave your boat at home he said, we'll take my boat, what time will we meet Dids? I had a quick look at the tides and decided 5:30 at the Bells creek ramp would get us to some of my favourite spots for the run up to the top of the tide.
    So I roll up at 5:30 on the dot to find funchy already in the water looking very excited. I mount his stead and point him in the right direction. Th new boat is great, nice quiet motor and great ride, the lad has done well, though there was a tear in his eye as he reflected on the good times spent on "leaping lizards", the old boat I tought him his craft on.
    So first fish in the boat was a small flatty on my 6lb nanofil, funchy followed my lead with a slightly larger model a few minutes latter. We were off to a good start, I settled Funchy after he got the first fish he'd boated in some time, and we continued on my chosen course. The fish kept coming all morning and the quality was exceptional. We both got one undersized fish for the morning, and all the other fish were in the beast range, stand out fish was an 82cm model. Fourteen fish in all for the call of stumps at about 11ish I think.
    Back to Mr Funchy's place for a coffee, and funchy was kind enough to fillet my fish for me in appreciation andI bid a happy boy adieu.
    Funchy can you add some photos to my prose please

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

OK before you say anything Funchy that fish may have only been 72cm
    image.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice lads i launched at donnybrook this morning there were about 14 flaty lies beside the ramp but not big ones

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Cracking read mate. How are you finding the Nanofil
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Did's for restoring my confidence, I knew I could depend on you to put me on the fish and "guide" me back to the top. This was obvious given the final score for the day was 8 fish to me and 6 to you, I'm sure that's because you were concentrating on getting me on the fish. Also I recall you were suffering from a bit of a sore neck from a whiplash type of repetitive strain injury you sustained from all the violent head swivelling in reaction to my screaming drag!!

Was alot of fun as usual big fella and looking fwd to doing it again.

P.S - We let Did's big girl go back after some pics. Best fish we kept went 62cms smallest 51cm. All good quality fish.

boaty.jpg

fh6.jpg

fh5.jpg

fh4.jpg

fh3.jpg

fh2.jpg

FH1.jpg

Dids.jpg
    Last edited by Funchy; 10-04-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice you two.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Cracking read mate. How are you finding the Nanofil
    Very happy with it Chewy. Had it on the 6lb setup for a few years now on Mr Funch's recommendation and never had any problems. I was thinking I might bring it along to the rubber plantation and give it a run on the big grunter.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Flatty Fella's, would have been a fun trip. Funchy i had to give the Lizard a scrubup yesterday, that Cod slime has a very strong smell. Now to do it again.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe you mounted his steed?

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Top guiding, hes lucky to have a mate like you Dids.
    According to my chemistry teacher, alcohol IS a solution!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast