Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Funchy goes back to school

So the story goes something like this: funchy rang me Friday in a real state, he'd been laid up for some while with a bad back, and was going to try and make a comeback to top level flathead fishing. So who else would he ring. Leave your boat at home he said, we'll take my boat, what time will we meet Dids? I had a quick look at the tides and decided 5:30 at the Bells creek ramp would get us to some of my favourite spots for the run up to the top of the tide.
    So I roll up at 5:30 on the dot to find funchy already in the water looking very excited. I mount his stead and point him in the right direction. Th new boat is great, nice quiet motor and great ride, the lad has done well, though there was a tear in his eye as he reflected on the good times spent on "leaping lizards", the old boat I tought him his craft on.
    So first fish in the boat was a small flatty on my 6lb nanofil, funchy followed my lead with a slightly larger model a few minutes latter. We were off to a good start, I settled Funchy after he got the first fish he'd boated in some time, and we continued on my chosen course. The fish kept coming all morning and the quality was exceptional. We both got one undersized fish for the morning, and all the other fish were in the beast range, stand out fish was an 82cm model. Fourteen fish in all for the call of stumps at about 11ish I think.
    Back to Mr Funchy's place for a coffee, and funchy was kind enough to fillet my fish for me in appreciation andI bid a happy boy adieu.
    Funchy can you add some photos to my prose please