Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Rakey, bit further up the road but give Seaforth a look. Mud crabs and Barra. Have a look back for a post i put up on the place.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey buddy, hows tricks. Yeah, i looked at that a few months back before i went up to Kinchant, never got there, mite have another look
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Hey buddy, hows tricks. Yeah, i looked at that a few months back before i went up to Kinchant, never got there, mite have another look

Let me know if you decide on Seaforth. I have some good spots there.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saltboy View Post
    Let me know if you decide on Seaforth. I have some good spots there.
    Will do bro, not looking until next year, but will bump this thread up as it gets closer, cheers
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Just Came back from Stanage Sunday just gone, Blew all bloody week!! but that is the good thing about stanage if its blowing from the south east you can still get all the way down the sound.

We ended up with no fish and couldnt get outside, its a tricky place as there are sooooooo many feeder creeks that you just dont know which one to hit!!

I've been up there twice now and still haven't touched Quail island or Long Island for the crabbing and fishing the mainland side is big enough in its own.

But we did do some big runs with the pots and got put onto some nice crabs at the end of the week we probably ended up with 40 crabs for the week the good thing about Stanage for the crabs is dont even worry about a crab measure, if he is just legal looking throw him back because they are all generally around the 17cm up, our biggest for the week was 22cm across the shell and probably around 2.5 kg.

Everyone is right fish just don't jump on your line and the tides and fishing is something you have to get used to.

I like the place as its just a quiet little town and like said if its blowing 20kn plus you can still fish the sound except on a run out tide devils elbow can get pretty nasty.

We went through 300 litres of fuel in the week thats how big the runs we were doing, That's with a 90 etec that gets about 2.4km per litre. I ended up putting i think about 40 hours on the motor.

Ill be back next year around the same time to give it another shot and see if i can finally get out to the islands!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123