Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Ups and Downs of my Easter Weekend.

17967007_10213061516194263_1030403515819076761_o.jpg

Hi all, well its been a break of highs and lows for me this break. Started off by spending Thursday arv loading the boat, with crabs in my sights and a bit of fishing. Fully loaded i gave the key on the outboard a turn. Zippo. Checked all the usual, flat battery, motor out of gear. Nothing. Ill cut this bit short, however 9 hours later, i finally turned the motor over. Handy hint though, with remote controlled 4 bangers, always check the white wire in the harness, especially if you have trim tilt power.

So....saturday saw me hit the water full of.. well something....water was pretty average where i was, not a lot of bait, no prawns, but eventually got a bit on a gold EzyShrimpz. Was a good eat in a metre of water, with a nice little chrome barra launching out the water. couple of pics and away it swam. Shoulda kept in in hindsight. I got one more hit for a little trev, and that was it, even though i gave a few of Dids gun spots a real working over.

Clearly it was me fishing though, so probably would have been different had Dids been there. Anyway, the tide was up now, so decided to go mend the big collapsible pots Pete and i leave in the bush down there. I kinda had a feeling something was wrong when i got there, and i was right. All the pots, bar a couple wire mesh ones of petes had been torched, his couple were missing. Speechless, i left. (ill refrain from explaining what i actually did). Anyway..Tomorrows was another day, so sunday saw me at the ramp doing the sandfly shuffle...Wow....they were something else. I dropped a couple collapsible pots in.

And went looking for a prawn. Was hard going with the first hour producing a couple dozen, when i dropped into a fave drain of petes, and started getting a few. Not many, but enough to warrant staying. Maybe half a dozen a cast. So along comes the huey, duey and Louie in a tinny, and clearly i was in their drain. So old mate proceeds to cast over my net. I just smile and nod.

Few good prawns here they said. I replied, nah...this is Sh&^ to what i have been getting over the island, i just haven't got time to go over there today....bit of small talk, and....see ya, we are gonna head over to the island to your creek...Cya fellas...good luck...Who knows...there might be prawns over there... Anyway...i happened upon a few, and grabbed a few more this morning.....Weekend ended up ok...i have cold beer and prawns... Oh..and the dog ate my fave pillow...

17990746_10213061516554272_7245409338412791770_n.jpg

17990784_10213061515954257_8147189792399210329_n.jpg

17992099_10213061515634249_7901349208069483566_n.jpg

18010300_10213061515834254_8742862765353101650_n.jpg

18010878_10213061516754277_227743659210614279_n.jpg
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report boss, it's not the spots mate, it's how ya fish em. You gotta wonder why someone would burn you pots. Maybe the local pros heard I was on my way.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey nice bazza by the way

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great photos and report.
    I'm glad Ducksta and yourself didn't meet up for a debrief over humans.
    Geeez you dogs look vicious.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report chewy shame about the pots nice Baz

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Barra mate, were the pot's hidden in the same spot as when i was with you? if so how the bloody hell did they find them, arsehole's.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil Brush View Post
    Nice Barra mate, were the pot's hidden in the same spot as when i was with you? if so how the bloody hell did they find them, arsehole's.
    Yea mate. Same spot. I dunno, maybe someone camped there. Might have to set a couple rabbit traps there.
    Chewy....

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on you for braving the masses mate, looked pretty busy out and about over the weekend. Nothing worse than motor dramas, mine damn near had a for sale sign on it this weekend. Odd someone burned your pots though, can't leave anything anywhere these days
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently when your prawing its quite acceptable to drop in and cast over the top of others, as I have exeperienced every time Ive been up the Pine this season. Buggered if I know why.
    Nice Barra mate, any crabs?
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Apparently when your prawing its quite acceptable to drop in and cast over the top of others, as I have exeperienced every time Ive been up the Pine this season. Buggered if I know why.
    Nice Barra mate, any crabs?
    Pretty quiet mate. Need a bit of cold weather I think.
    Chewy....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast