Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Have found some Dept Fisheries info about their dealings with Fraser I tailor.

Will digest it.

Still happy to hear more from people who've been involved though.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I received a photo the other day of some mullet (headed and gutted) purchased straight from the pros at a ridiculous price. From Stradbroke Island. Story was, what the fishermen couldn't handle straight away or was bycatch were buried on the beach.
    My memories from 45 years ago were netters netting directly in front of Rainbow Beach and what they couldn't fit in the truck tray in bulk and uncovered, they left under the upturned netboat until they returned from the Fishboard at Tin Can.
    Those days if whole mullet prices went over 10c/lb, we thought it was too expensive to buy.

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 3Macks

It looks like Fisheries have attempted some remedial action with quota restrictions etc in the past. Geez its hard trying to get any info from their website though. A significant amount of what's available is old stuff mingled in with the new stuff and you have to read right through an article to find out it's 2009 or 2008 dated. Next one will be dated 2015.

To find out what the real current state of play is, you have to actually find and extract it from the Act and Regs. They are absolutely dreadful documents to navigate through and Fisheries doesn't want to change them.

I can understand why people have to resort to ringing Fisheries where they're told anything at all over the phone.

I'll look further.

At first glance the reme

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234