Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mangrove Jack country

Finally got the chance to go chasing mangrove jack.

Only ever caught one (by accident) but would love to get serious about that species.

The dirty old Fitzroy isn't the best place for mj but sometimes when the river is clean, an odd one is caught around the rocks in the town reach. Problem is that its a long time between clean water occurrences.

So went looking for a more likely place.

And found it. A salt water creek that only fills on bigger tides. No mud just rocks.

Only caught 1 jack but arrived at 11am for 2 hours so time of day might have accounted for that. But it was only a scouting trip. Saw heaps of little fellas though.

When I enquired around town, I was told that where I'd been was the best mj creek in the district so I'll be going back.

Some pix of the creek in the meantime. Crystal clear water with rockbars and fallen trees in water everywhere.

P5030018.jpgP5030019.jpgP5030020.jpgP5030021.jpgP5030022.jpgP5030023.jpgP5030024.jpg
    Last edited by Douglas; 04-06-2017 at 07:23 AM.