Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brain Storming with Did's

Did's had been onto me for a while to take him fishing again and since the flatty forage is only a couple of weeks away he was really pressuring me to get him out and show him more of my honey holes. I readily agreed, not because I like fishing with him, more because I wanted to run a few thoughts by him. There's one thing besides and awesome electrician that our man Did's is and that's that he is an ideas man.

We had arranged to meet at the ramp at 6:30am but the big fella was so excited I was bombarded with text messages around 5:15am earnestly asking me to get down the ramp early as he was so excited he couldn't sleep and wanted to get on the water. Ahhh... these weekend amateur fisho's make me laugh. Well, I had little else to do so I rolled out of bed and headed for the ramp. After the pleasantries were exchanged we headed out to a couple of spots. Things were quiet at first (they always were going to be at this hour and that's why I aimed for a 6:30am launch but try telling the amateurs that). Anyway as we wiled away a bit of time casting at weedbeds and drop off's I decided the time was right to let Did's in on the idea that had been slowly taking shape in my mind over the last few weeks.

"Did's, you know them Pro Am events they have in golf?" I asked. "yeah I know em" said the big fella raising a curious eyebrow (He hangs off every word I say when it comes to fishing). "Well, I have been thinking I may change the format of the Flatty Forages to a Pro Am event." Well Did's eyes lit up. "Funchy that's a fantastic idea" he said in a somewhat highpitched voice. "Funchy, do you think I could be your amateur in the Pro Am forage?" he asked tentatively yet with obvious quivering anticipation. It's moments like these that really feel for these up and comers, but hell, the forage events aren't something you take lightly so I had to gently let him down. "Did's" I said, "Sorry big fella but I think I'm gonna go with Shagga" Well Did's was crestfallen but I didn't really notice as I had hooked up to my first flatty for the day!!

The rest of the day went well with Did's landing a pretty good flatty of 57cms and one other just legal. I lost count of the fish I got. Wasn't really counting, made it all about Did's for the day. I do recall a 47, 54 and a 66cm and a few other rats and mice. Did's was pretty impressed and asked if he could be ion the photo with the fish so I obliged.

A nice day on the water with the big fella. Any of you Pro's out there, think of him for the Next Pro Am Flatty forage, he goes alright on the net and will bring you coffee.

F1.jpg

F2.jpg

F3.jpg

F4.jpg

F5.jpg

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

He's becoming a bit of a flathead maestro isn't he.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

A excellent read there Mr Funch and with all your "Humanitarian" work I wouldn't be surprised if your not Knighted sometimes soon.

Sounds like a great day you to scallywags had.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very funny report mate, good to see that you are still looking after the big fella, nice fish as well.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a complete work of fiction except the bit about being an awesome lectrician and an ideas man. Keep up the practice and work on those few points Funchy and we'll do another tutorial soon.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    That is a complete work of fiction except the bit about being an awesome lectrician and an ideas man. Keep up the practice and work on those few points Funchy and we'll do another tutorial soon.
    Seems someone is trying to muscle in on your skills and knowledge Dids...
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

The stats speak for themselves Paulo, I've been on the winning dais of the prestige flatty forage so many times both I and the event organisers have lost count, Funchy not so much, just saying!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

The stats speak for themselves Paulo, I've been on the winning dais of the prestige flatty forage so many times both I and the event organisers have lost count, Funchy not so much, just saying!
    The cream always comes to the top Dids...apparently,
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

All jokes aside, thanks for the morning Funchy, it was great as usual

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

All jokes aside, thanks for the morning Funchy, it was great as usual
    Yeah was fun that's for sure

​what jokes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast