Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default He got the jack...

IMG_4703.jpg

Saturday dawned windy as, but Pete and i intrepidly set off chasing a jack. Boat launched, off we go, 100 metres, pete loses his hat over the side. Bugger i say, Pete say bugger, or similar quite a bit, apparently his sunnies were on his hat. Were....
    So off fishing... we cast at lots of good spots...were good spots, should have been here last week..
    Eventually Pete hooks a jack on a 3" Paddle tail, couple pics ad back over the side.
    Getting tired, i started throwing my lighter spin rod, with an EZy Shrimpz on it. Of course it got eaten, and shortly a nice little jack was trying to bite my fingers. I had another good hit, but missed hookup. We wandered up a bit further over some rock, pete says, geez it looks good here...next thing i look, his baitcaster rod is buckled in half, and big boils as he dragged is away from danger. I went to grab the net, and there were some more bugger words as the hooks pulled. We gave it away after that, and headed home. Still a good trip out, apart from the interesting people at the ramp. Pete will have to upload his jack pic. Good to have a fish at least.

IMG_4712.jpg
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...