Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default living the dream

Hi AAs

I'm really enjoying my weekends down at Nelligen (Batemans Bay) - Camping on my very own Island .
    Each day spent down there is adding to the picture ..... be it .... the river & where to find fish or heading offshore & locating a consistent source of live slimies & yaccas for when those pelagics turn up in Summer / Autumn . .... btw the burley bucket worked a treat
    This last trip I managed a cricket score on smallish estuary perch ...... but the best part was that they were all caught on surface ( once I found an offering they liked) - You wouldn't imagine how hard it was to entice fish that were focused on moths .
    The offshore stuff was very quiet .... with only a few mowies & small snaps landed - Water temps were as low as 17.1 deg ans you know it's quiet when you can put a fresh slimie fillet down & bring it back in 30mins later in pristine condition but hey I've scoped out a couple of reefs for later .... and managed a feed
    But what a spot .... be fishing the reefs in the morning & EPs in the afternoon - with camping smack n the middle

Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nagg; 27-11-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the third pic Chris,that look,when a plan comes together lol
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's livin'. Great stuff Chris.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Love the third pic Chris,that look,when a plan comes together lol
    Thanks Paul
    I'm not a selfie type ..... but even I'm impressed enough with that I've screwed the prom queen look It's an absolute gem of a location - as you can see & I'm pretty well left alone there aside from the odd (very odd) kayaker who stops there for lunch .
    I'm going to make a big effort to secure this spot for my week off at Christmas ..... by then the offshore scene should be getting into gear along with the estuary .

I'd love to put up some of he footage of the EP surface activity .... i'm sure it would get every bass fishoe going

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...