Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I remember when....

25348730_10215368870596681_653745345433214514_n.jpg

Well, i thought i remembered what fishing was all about, its been a while, August/September i think, since the Poly got wet. I had one spare day a couple weeks ago, and with a burst of enthusiasm i dragged the boat out, motor runs.. Check... Tyres inflated ..Check... Steering wheel turns...Check...Unfortunately when the wheel turned the motor did not. So that was a quick call to Andrew at Aquaholics at the bay. Im going away he says, drop it down this arv and ill see what i can do. 10am the next morning the phone rings, done mate..awesome. For reference, the cable was 200 bucks, and 202 bucks labour, which included removing the motor and refitting cause that's the only way to fit the steering on the poly. Anyway..i digress.

So after another big working week where we managed to have issues with 1M bucks worth of Trannies(yea yea, Dids ears just pricked up) I decided to take Sunday off and try see what this fishing caper was all about.
    After a broken nights sleep as the prodigal son is home...and returned from drinking about 2:30 am, then proceeded to fall asleep on the bathroom floor, eventually 4am saw me sipping coffee heading to Beaver. Singing away merrily to the dulcet tunes of Kip Moore, enjoying my coffee, my morning went a little tits up, as i rounded a corner, two Kangaroos were hopping furiously across the asphalt. No worries, in my cool calm and collected manner i sat the coffee between my legs, dropped the pathy back a cog and applied the brakes. This is where things went pear shaped. The coffee decided to upend itself on my nether regions, while i cursed a little(lot) i looked up to see hoppy number 3 sitting fair in the middle of the road. Another downshift, violent swerve, some more warming of the nether regions and bang...got him... Thankfully no damage..to the car at least. He hopped away, i hopped around...wondering now when the next bang would be. After all that carry on finally i made it to the ramp, and old mate says, hows ya morning going...i just smiled and nodded, pushed the boat in and opened a beer. Seemed like the thing to do. It was hot..

Made my way down to ungowa, picked up the heaviest rod i had, determined to skull drag something for dinner to the boat. Happy days, first cast the little Shrimpz was molested, some nice drag getting pulled, felt like a good god of a few kilos. F me if it didnt suddenly turn into a grey shape about 300 kg. With much protest the new reel screamed drag for a short while and then the leader Broke. More swearing..it was hot, there were bugs..but geez it was good to be out fishing again.. Wasnt it. Off i went to one of Dids and Shaggas secret spot, pulling up, fish breaking the surface everywhere.. bait flicking. Awesome.. gonna get em now...and i did..one after the other..little black tip sharks...one after the other. They were hungry, and it didnt matter what i threw, they ate it. I tied leader after leader, i even had one burst up into the mangroves jumping all the while, with my line threaded through half the trees in the sandy straights. This is living barry, i thought to myself.

i tied on 11 leaders, lures, eventually i felt a normal bite on the light gear, and after a small tussle a little Blackall was netted. That was pretty cool. I grabbed a couple pics and then released him. Sick of the sharks, i headed to the trout ledge.
    Again, no trout for me. Clearly i need to work on my photoshop skills. Anyway, up a bit further, i got a good bite, grunter i thought..yes..dinner..before it turned and again ran me through the mangroves, shredding the braid in the process. Wow..this is fun...

So, i found a few, got a feed, nothing big but it was ok. Water down the straights wasnt great,still pretty dirty on the bigger tides, but should clear when they drop off. Been a few crabs about, and bugs..did i mention bugs..no camping down there for a bit. It started raining..believe it or not..so i cracked my last beer and turned the boat for home...Still beats working..

25348544_10215368874396776_2897245821759614572_n.jpg

25353606_10215368865716559_7600606654713898001_n.jpg

25353979_10215368868236622_7795586874745340001_n.jpg

a2.jpg

IMG_E6218 (2).jpg

25348697_10215368864836537_305297234707038273_n.jpg

Tight Lines..Chewy
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Chewy

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good on you Chewy. If you never never go...... life will consume you and work will kill you.

Great last shot.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I also see Kip Moore is touring Oz in April.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome work mate

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work Chewy,its like falling off a bike...or should that be riding a bike? You never forget really hey? Bit tragic about the coffee though.
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Nice work Chewy,its like falling off a bike...or should that be riding a bike? You never forget really hey? Bit tragic about the coffee though.
    that wasn’t the tragedy Paulo
    Chewy....

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Best I come up after Christmas and sort things for you chewy.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Best I come up after Christmas and sort things for you chewy.
    Yes Dids. That would be good. Clearly things are a shambles up here
    Chewy....

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great read Chewy, very funny report (maybe not for you )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast