Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Prawnage

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Prawnage

Its been a tough first week back at work, and certainly not helped by the never ending pics of blokes who would rather be prawning than working (go figure?) spamming my FB.
    I crumbled this morn, so like half of north side Brisbane, I dropped into my local for a look see.
    It was a late start for me after spending the night in the recliner (thats a whole nuther story), but got on the water around 8 am, and headed up. The mob was concentrated around the Deep Water Bend ramp, a lot of nets and boats, so I thought Id have a look downstrean half a km or so. The tide had started running out and I was hoping the prawns would move down a bit from the carpark netting frenzy up stream.
    Found a few pretty quick, but I tell you, some of those blokes must have eyes like eagles, no sooner had I dropped a few in the esky then half the mob was surrounding me, bloody hell I thought!
    One thing about prawning the Pine, you cant beat the crowds, so I stuck it out. Plenty of prawns, everyone was nice natured and polite, good to see. I do suspect a few need to read up on the bag limits, a vist by Fishereies to the DWB ramp mite be interesting for some...
    Anyways, an easy morning, good feed and a couple of frosty bevvies, and home before the 58 knots of northerly kicked in we have atm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great feed B I hate the crowds while prawnin Woodgate is like that it's like they have never had a feed of prawn before and well over take limit too . Fisheries excuse Don't have enough resources
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

You know me Al, Im definately not a "crowds person" when it comes to fishing. Thats the first time I ve prawned in the mob before, interesting thats for sure
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice feed ther rakey, a nice size too
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Rakey. They were smashing them at Woodgate too. Dropping off an esky full and going back out. Hard going
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very jealous mate, would love to be able to just head out for a feed of fresh prawn's.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I was off the water by the time you arrived B. I arrives whilst still dark and there was already 10 boats casting nets and another 20 or more queued up to the ramp.
    At about 6.30am there was about 100 boats in the 500m stretch downstream of the DWB ramp all chucking nets.
    I pulled up near the first of the timber decks upstream and worked a school there for half an hour for about 4.5kg of medium to large prawns roughly 50/50.
    Best shot was about 50 prawns early at that spot.

Had a look around upstream of the highway bridges and not a prawn entered the boat.