Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Run

Hybrid View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Test Run

Had a session today with The Man Who Busts Tackle (and thats another story) to get ourselves set for a trip we are doing to Rocky in March. Put in at Donnybrook to a howling southerly. Spent most of the day trying to get out of the wind. Did I mention it was howling .

Poked around in Poverty, Glasshouse and worked our way up to Hussey. Fishing was painfully slow but we managed a flat one

flatty.jpg

then two of these little fuglies

stone.jpg

which were caught right in front of where people swim and launch at this campsite

sign.jpg

which reminds us why we need shoes in Pumistone.

So after much plastic chucking we pumped some yabbies and had fun catching fish the easy way .

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the day Pete, just good to be on the water, although it felt like we were fishing in a washing machine. 25knt wind against tide isn't really that much fun. Oh, and my 7' abu nano 3-5 kg stick is now only 6'6". So now is probably 4-7 kg stick
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    really that much fun. Oh, and my 7' abu nano 3-5 kg stick is now only 6'6". So now is probably 4-7 kg stick
    so thats why your called tackle buster? cause you bust up rods

also seemed like a good day i know a american went to pick up a stone fish till i noticed and kicked the thing away when i was fishing a week or so ago
    Last edited by saph; 30-01-2018 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added onto post about orginal post

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the day Pete, just good to be on the water, although it felt like we were fishing in a washing machine. 25knt wind against tide isn't really that much fun. Oh, and my 7' abu nano 3-5 kg stick is now only 6'6". So now is probably 4-7 kg stick
    Better take a couple of extra rod's to Rocky mate.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Rod fixed, new tip runner, will make a good snapper rod now.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done boys

sounds like you boys needed some local knowledge,I could of told you were to go and what to do there

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Well done boys

sounds like you boys needed some local knowledge,I could of told you were to go and what to do there
    Don't think a Trawler would have caught anything out there today. AND I'm sick of people telling me where to go and what to do. lol
    Cheers
    Gazza

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

TB has no trouble in the days he's fished with me, in fact he's won the "flathead forage", I think you might have elsewhere why you didn't catch fish. Could it be you gunna?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    TB has no trouble in the days he's fished with me, in fact he's won the "flathead forage", I think you might have elsewhere why you didn't catch fish. Could it be you gunna?
    You just inspire people in your presence to great things oh flathead master.
    Cheers
    Gazza

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Last time Shane and I fished there I got the only flatty !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast