Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Ningi is one of my favorite creeks in SEQ.
    I basically only fish upstream of the ramp and usually about 2km upstream around the rocks there.
    Very shallow to unpassable at low tide.

If you park yourself near the rocks for the bottom of the tide, have a rod ready with a tiny popper for the change of tide.
    The place goes ballistic for 30 minutes with all of the fish hunting around the rocks in a feeding frenzy.
    You will lose some lures yes but the rewards are outstanding action.

I was going to fish there this weekend but it is rained out by the forecast it seems.

Good luck Gaz.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

MSB that is outstanding info on a creek that you obviously know well. That's why I love this site, like minded fisho's sharing great knowledge. Mate you get post of the week in my view.

Did's give the man a prize. Well done.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly shagga.
    As with real estate, Fishing is all about Location Location Location

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Tony. Some good info there all right. I’d be wary of Dids giving you a prize though.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Is the mouth still silted up, years ago it was hard to get in to at anything but high tide?
    Hi Didley
    I have never known it to be silted up and I have fished it on and off for 50 years, plenty of water flow in and out of the creek, access even at 200mm low tide not a problem. The next creek north of Ningi is Elimbah and its mouth has been silted up for many years, however still accessible from around half tide up, kayaks can get in anytime, next creek north is Bullock and it is difficult to get into unless the tide is well up and then you need to know what you are doing in a boat, kayaks can get in anytime, next creek north is Glasshouse, no access problems at low tide, far north as I fish in the passage.
    MSB

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Good info MSB, thanks for that. I dont fish Ningi myself, but nice to see your posts.
    Thankyou BR65 appreciate you saying so

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shagga View Post
    MSB that is outstanding info on a creek that you obviously know well. That's why I love this site, like minded fisho's sharing great knowledge. Mate you get post of the week in my view.

Did's give the man a prize. Well done.
    Hi Shagga
    Thanks for your kind words, as mangajack has said in his post, there is a lot more to Ningi Creek then people are aware of, heavily fished yes but most people fish in the wrong places, and are mostly restricted to weekends when the boat traffic shuts things right down, during May and June there is a couple of areas where large yellow fin whiting, some call them blue nose whiting, hang around for a bit of R&R after spawning, I only catch and release these big girls and catch them using a 4 inch alvey that my Dad gave me when I was 12, it is strung with 2 kilo platypus platinum and hangs off an 8 ft muscle tip rod, beautifully balanced and provides a stack of fun.
    MSB

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Anyone able to tell me what Ningi Crk is like to fish. Will be going in on high tide, so any hidden traps or springs to look out for. At what stage of the tide should I get out of there. Will be a high high and a low low. Doesn't look that big a creek on GE.
    Hi Gazza
    One more important thing mate, because you are going at high tide, make certain you definitely stick to the markers at the end of the long straight run going up the creek, just as you swing left and come back to swing right, there is a small rock bar on your left about 10mtrs wide and 30mtrs long which is completely covered at any high tide greater than 1.8mtrs, you will see it uncover during the run out, good area to fish for bream during early winter mornings, just to the side of the bar is a 5mtr deep hole at the end of a small gutter which holds good school jew to 4kg during April & May, live bait if you can get it.
    MSB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron, again much appreciated. Any day you don't destroy a prop is a good day.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Hi Didley
    I have never known it to be silted up and I have fished it on and off for 50 years, plenty of water flow in and out of the creek, access even at 200mm low tide not a problem. The next creek north of Ningi is Elimbah and its mouth has been silted up for many years, however still accessible from around half tide up, kayaks can get in anytime, next creek north is Bullock and it is difficult to get into unless the tide is well up and then you need to know what you are doing in a boat, kayaks can get in anytime, next creek north is Glasshouse, no access problems at low tide, far north as I fish in the passage.
    MSB
    Thanks MSB, Sorry my mistake, as much as everyone was saying Ningi, I was thinking Hussy creek, up near Coochin creek. Sorry about that. Thanks for the great info.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast