Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Thanks MSB, Sorry my mistake, as much as everyone was saying Ningi, I was thinking Hussy creek, up near Coochin creek. Sorry about that. Thanks for the great info.
    Your welcome Didley

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Ningi is one of my favorite creeks in SEQ.
    I basically only fish upstream of the ramp and usually about 2km upstream around the rocks there.
    Very shallow to unpassable at low tide.

If you park yourself near the rocks for the bottom of the tide, have a rod ready with a tiny popper for the change of tide.
    The place goes ballistic for 30 minutes with all of the fish hunting around the rocks in a feeding frenzy.
    You will lose some lures yes but the rewards are outstanding action.

I was going to fish there this weekend but it is rained out by the forecast it seems.

Good luck Gaz.
    Hi mangajack

When the soup clears I am going to give this a go, haven't dabbled in lures for years however wife brought me a new spin outfit for Xmas so I am keen to use it, thanks for the info
    MSB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how much rain we get in this bout, I could possibly be found up there for the low tide next weekend.
    Any more than 75mm of rain and I will opt for scarborough reef area winds permitting.

Have you found any honey hole in the passage for whiting that get flushed out by bad weather?

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Depending on how much rain we get in this bout, I could possibly be found up there for the low tide next weekend.
    Any more than 75mm of rain and I will opt for scarborough reef area winds permitting.

Have you found any honey hole in the passage for whiting that get flushed out by bad weather?
    Mate I live at Narangba and I have had 105mm at my place so far this week, with all the creeks pouring a heap of fresh into the passage over the next fortnight, I will be concentrating my general fishing on drifting the saltwater/freshwater line that will run from South Point across the front of Cooks Rocks, if you are dead keen on catching whiting and if the wind allows, or you have an electric on your boat I would drift the shallow bank in behind Cooks Rocks on the incoming tide with worms or yabbies if you can get them, you will have to wait for 2 hours of run in to ensure you will have enough water, unless you have a punt with little draft. Start at the green marker at the western end of Cooks and drift on a line to the green marker to the east in front of Buckleys Hole, thats a good 2 klms of drift, I normally pick up good whiting, doing this, under these conditions, you will also pick up squire and flathead. Next week tides are morning highs, so you could try the reverse which I have done on occasion, but not with the same success. I will also be trying the yellow marker in front of Ningi Creek on the run in tide only, to much fresh on the run out, hopefully this info is of some help to you, might even catch up with you on the water in the next few weeks.

Good luck with it

MSB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good mate.
    I used to fish cooks a fair bit for sweetlip and squire.
    Last few times in the area has been for squid and sand crabs.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me if there are any good yabbie banks around the Ningi Creek area.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there are any good yabbie banks around the Ningi Creek area.
    Gaz, I never knew Yabbies had their own banks. I know there is an ATM at the Woolies on Bribie if that helps.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of yabbie banks in Ningi Creek Gaz, right beside the boat ramp in the creek you will get all you need.
    Probably another 6 or 8 banks in that general area too.
    Upstream there are yabbies almost to where the road comes beside the creek.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tony, much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Pete and I ventured into the bowels of Ningi creek for a bo peep today. Water was very dirty, maybe 4 - 6 inches water clarity. We ventured about 1.5k up past the boat ramp on the top of the tide then fished our way out. Nice looking bit of water and plenty of structure. In 2 hours of throwing placcies, Pete had 1 grunter about 28cm and I had 1 flatty about 40cm. Moved down to the mouth looking for a bit cleaner water to no avail. Threw placcies for another hour with no joy. Time to pump some yabbies and try a bait fish. Moved to the yellow beacon and Pete spent the next hour cleaning up on Grunter, a good sized bream and a baby stingray. Me, I got zip. Then moved out into the bay and fished the channel markers for a heap of undersized bream. A good day was had, Pete outfished me about 20 to 1. New Minn Kota advanced i-pilot worked a treat on spot lock and the Jog mode left,right,back and forward was sensational, but the auto pilot function seemed to have a mind of it's own, don't know yet if it is pilot error or a glitch. So great day on the water, thanks again Pete for the company.
    Cheers
    Gazza

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast