Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The real story

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The real story

I missed my mate Dids. He who always makes me feel good about myself when it comes to one on one fishing. I had offered up a number of trips yet Did's was scarred from previous one on one outings with me and had declined in the recent past. I must have caught him in a moment of weakness as he gladly accepted my offer for a deckie spot Sunday morning. We left the ramp at 5:15am and headed over to some of my special spots that I know we would get fish as I wanted him to have every opportunity to land a flatty. Sam and his brother Vic were also out on the water and there was plenty of banter and bravado. It didn't take long before there was a steady stream of fish being hooked up. Some spat the hooks and others came over the gunnels. Alas, our man Dids wasn't on the end of any of them so we decided to move down to some other ground that usually produces. The fishing stepped up another notch as we settled in to this new spot with brazen calls of "Watch this, I'll get a fish with this cast" and invariably a flat one would succumb to the magical action imparted on the placcy by the masterful angler. Alas, our man Dids still had not caught one and surprisingly not alot was going on for Sam and his brother. Nonetheless a steady stream of fish graced the deck of Funchy's humble tinny.

After I while I felt sorry for Dids, he had ridden the roller coaster of eager anticipation of what may be, to sullen darkness as a clear trend of who the true lizard master was began to emerge right through to outright rage, screams of "I will tell them all I was never here, I was in Sydney", threats, physical violence and the ultimate desperate request.... "Funchy, there's no need to do a report on today's outing". I finally put him out of his misery by getting him back to the ramp, filleting my fish and giving him half, making him a nice cuppa and filling his belly with some nice pudding and custard. He left that morning in no doubt of who the master is. Dids left broken and defeated but with a bit more knowledge on becoming a better flatty fisherman.

FH11.jpg

FH13.jpg

FH14.jpg

FH15.jpg

FH16.jpg
    Last edited by Funchy; 26-03-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

A brilliant masterclass of Fishing and Writing.
    Excellent report.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny read mate, poor Did's i think we all know that feeling.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, after a good nights sleep, i concede that is the truth on what transpired. I am indeed a broken man.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Ok, after a good nights sleep, i concede that is the truth on what transpired. I am indeed a broken man.
    There was no rhyme nor reason as to why you didn't get a fish. Twas a weird day in that respect. But thanks for the morning, great fun. I haven't laughed so hard in ages.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah thanks mate, next time your in trouble.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry too much Dids. He does it to me too. Come up and have a fish....yeah right!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Yeah thanks mate, next time your in trouble.
    He is just using u for ballast mate so the boat floats evenly over the shallows to allow him to cast to the right spot.

and It has been deemed you were not truthful in the last report so the Leadership team are coming up with a punishment for you

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Did's, he has done it to me as well. Fished the same rig's, same placcies, same water. I would cast to a spot and retrieve nothing, Funchy would cast to the same spot and hook up. Face it, he is a Flattie magnet. End of story.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shagga View Post
    Did's, he has done it to me as well. Fished the same rig's, same placcies, same water. I would cast to a spot and retrieve nothing, Funchy would cast to the same spot and hook up. Face it, he is a Flattie magnet. End of story.
    Nuh. He just got lucky, next time he's in trouble, he can't handle the pressure of the forage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast