Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Donnybrook this morning

Thanks to Gunna and Tackle_Buster for joining me for a session this morning, good to see Tackle_Buster catch his nemesis the mythical grunter not once but twice, he also lost a very good fish, could have been a sticky drag on the 10 ball bearing $12 reel purchased on ebay, could have been the light trace, certainly wasn't due to lack of skill on Garys part.

Enjoyed both your company very much, all up very pleasant day but ordinary weather.

MSB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly had that tiny reel singing, all up I think it only holds about 80m of 6lb braid. I was waiting for it to self destruct. Once again, was a pleasure to meet you and thanks for the day.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ron

you should head up to Caloundra this saturday. The AA lads are having a little flatty forage competition. All for fun and we have a BBQ afterwards. Let me know if you are interested.

We leave Bells creek boat ramp at 5:55am this saturday morning. Fish till noon. The boat with the most cms of flathead wins. 2 people per boat (or can fish alone if you want)

http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum...rage-EOI/page2

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Funchy

I would have certainly made myself available, however as I said to Peter I am going down to Kiama in NSW for 3 weeks leaving Saturday, appreciate the invitation though. I am however interested in being involved in any other upcoming events AA organises as everyone on this site seems pretty genuine and there is total respect shown to members by other members, and plenty of good natured banter, without the angst on other sites.

Ron

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific morning Ron. Thanks.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

your welcome Peter

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Rob, hope to meetup one day soon. I'm sure it would have been a great day

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Didley

Was a good day, except for the weather, would like to catch up for a trip in the near future if you have the time, generally fish on my own so company is good, hope to catch up with Peter and Gary again in the near future, would have joined the flattie forage on Saturday except I am going away for a few weeks.

I will pm you when I get back and see what the options are to catch up.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Thanks for the report Rob, hope to meetup one day soon. I'm sure it would have been a great day