Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Paul, you've finally surfaced about this issue. Took a while.

Funny how being ignored has resulted in over 3,800 views. Many multiples of the next closest subject by your mates in that period. TB has even been taking particular active interest in deliberately impeding access to the "A day in..." topic. Trying to niggle away as petty little people do. You are well aware of that.

Antipathy/apathy.....You are supposed to write articles, Paul. Surely you know the difference between antipathy and apathy. I meant antipathy. Antipathy is "anti" and apathy is "don't care". Big difference.

You guys need to go back to your little mutual admiration society.

Have fun.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for you reply Ron.
    Generally i do not find the need to intercede into the behavior of apparent 3 year olds.
    Seriously, this is schoolyard behavior, however as previously said, take this as your warning.

You needn’t worry about views on posts, after the new year, all open thread s will be closed and the site will morph into an fishing and camping report only with only two open threads along the lines of Funchy’s thread. See what’s biting where and find places to go and enjoy a fire and beer. I think that’s what most people are looking for as an alternative to Facebook.
    Have a nice day.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Douglas;182059][LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Tahoma]Its simply a different version of what BOM puts out in respect of accumulated data. I know its a big word but if you work at it I'm sure you'll work it out. I'm sure Tackle Buster will help you out if you find it hard to understand things. He's well qualified in finding it hard to understand stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Funny how being ignored has resulted in over 3,800 views. Many multiples of the next closest subject by your mates in that period. TB has even been taking particular active interest in deliberately impeding access to the "A day in..." topic. Trying to niggle away as petty little people do. You are well aware of that.

You guys need to go back to your little mutual admiration society.

Have fun.
    OK, some of the members have sent me PM's with these two posts. Yes I have taken most of the stuff out and just left what pertains to me.

I said long ago, Douglas, alias Ron, alias RonJe, that I would ignore you and I have.

BUT I feel I have the right to reply to your gutless posts. Knowing I was ignoring you, you take the opportunity to Denigrate my character. Don't worry, I won't belittle you by explaining what that means, I'm sure you can look it up. Let's set the record straight.

Around late Feb/Early March this year, you started sending PM's to my mates calling me names and trying to belittle me. Guess what, it didn't work, I still have those mates. What I don't understand is why. I am still at wits end to understand why you did that. I let it slide, because that's who I am. A better human being than you are. I didn't go running off to management, crying like a baby, what I write here is the first they know about the real story.

Then there was your Myth post, a concoction of pointless hogwash. When answers came, you belittled the respondents and tried to make them feel inferior to yourself. Well guess what, if sticking up for your mates is a crime, then shoot me. It's at that point I decided I would ignore you.

Now, it's at this point, I would like you to man up and tell the AA community what it was that I did to you, because I don't know what it is that I did wrong for you to try and belittle me too my mates.

Now, lets get too part two of this matter:
    "I'm sure Tackle Buster will help you out if you find it hard to understand things. He's well qualified in finding it hard to understand stuff."

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. (Disclaimer: I borrowed this from Pauline Hanson) All I can say is, "please explain"

Now, let's get too part three: (1)
    "Funny how being ignored has resulted in over 3,800 views. Many multiples of the next closest subject by your mates in that period."

Sorry folks, I have to plead guilty here. I have a confession to make. After placing Douglas etc, etc, on my ignore list, knowing full well his challenges in life, I took advantage and placed a thread about his disability. Yes folks, egotistical/narcissistic behaviour is a mental health issue and I must say I feel ashamed for even bringing it up in the first place. I hope you can all find it in your hearts to forgive me.

(2) It was at this point, I realised my misgivings and set about trying to atone for my mistakes. I could see that Douglas was struggling in the view stakes and that I had made a grave error. So to make amends, I began secretly visiting his post about 'Another day on the Fitzroy'. I fervently set about building up the numbers, I got carried away. There were days when I would visit his thread 25 - 30 times a day.

So probably 3500 of those visits were me. For this, I also apologize. I was obviously thinking I was doing the right thing. I can only say sorry for giving false hope that people actually cared.

(3) 'TB has even been taking particular active interest in deliberately impeding access to the "A day in..." topic. Trying to niggle away as petty little people do. You are well aware of that.'

Wow, there is a sentence that would be heavily corrected by any kindergarten teacher. Then there's the 'topic', "A day in...". I think he may be referring to "Another day in the Fitzroy." I suppose, for Douglas etc, etc, close enough is good enough. BUT, the rest of us need to be perfect.

For the record, I am an ordinary member of Active Angler. I have no powers, authority or moderating rights. I cannot delete, alter or impede any post. It just doesn't make any sense. BUT, then again it probably makes sense to Douglas and for that, well it is what it is. Don't take mental health lightly, it is a serious problem. Sometimes it just takes some people longer to realise they need help.

Before I go, I just want to share one of Douglas' all time clangers,

"Sept now.

$2600 for team up to 4 ($625 each).

$50,000 biggest barra."

Now, what's that saying about 'people in glass houses'. I don't know about spec savers, he should have bought a calculator.

My apologies to the Chew family and especially to you Paul.

BUT like that Kenny Rogers song, 'sometimes you have to fight when your a man'

Last but not least, my apologies to the AA community.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok how about a truce now, or maybe a cease fire for a bit. I know Chewy and I want a pleasant Christmas and a bit of a peaceful fish to end our year.
    Merry Chrismas to you all.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Ok how about a truce now, or maybe a cease fire for a bit. I know Chewy and I want a pleasant Christmas and a bit of a peaceful fish to end our year.
    Merry Chrismas to you all.
    WOW! Just read the last couple of pages of this thread, going to have a beer and a lie down now, wake up fire up my webber, have a couple more beers another sleep and wake up early in the morning, pump some yabbies and go fishing.
    I LOVE XMAS
    MSB

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    WOW! Just read the last couple of pages of this thread, going to have a beer and a lie down now, wake up fire up my webber, have a couple more beers another sleep and wake up early in the morning, pump some yabbies and go fishing.
    I LOVE XMAS
    MSB
    Post to myself, I forgot what a good Dad and kind hearted sole I am , or should that be flounder, either way, I forgot I lent my boat to my Son this morning so he can take his kids fishing over the xmas break, looks like I will have to settle for gettin up early , pulling a few worms at Bribie, sitting on Red Beach somewhere on my deck chair with a coupla cold beers in the esky and hopefully catch a couple of whiting, it is a sad story everyone I know ,but, it had to be told, by the way Didley is right
    I LOVE XMAS TIME
    MSB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Tis the Season to be Jolly Ron.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Xmas to all. Peace and love

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chewy, when we morph in 4 days time, can we still say like smart arse stuff or will that get me blacklisted

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Thanks for you reply Ron.
    Generally i do not find the need to intercede into the behavior of apparent 3 year olds.
    Seriously, this is schoolyard behavior, however as previously said, take this as your warning.

You needn’t worry about views on posts, after the new year, all open thread s will be closed and the site will morph into an fishing and camping report only with only two open threads along the lines of Funchy’s thread. See what’s biting where and find places to go and enjoy a fire and beer. I think that’s what most people are looking for as an alternative to Facebook.
    Have a nice day.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

And what about tipping with a twist. Most popular thread all year.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011