Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Little cherry on top. Brought a couple of fillets home to share with the family. Make them feel like I didn't just abandon them for a week...
    Knocked up fish burgers tonight. Bloody good.
    20180504_184300.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report John. Must have been a fantastic trip. Glad you (mostly) got good fish and company.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and one thing that is still on the bucket list is to catch a jack.
    I got a shot at one. Hooked him, locked up to hold him out of the snag he was headed back to, but brought back a treble with one prong completely broken off and another one opened out straight.
    Bugger...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

So, remember that brand new rod that broke the first arvo trolling...
    I took it to a BCF store (where I've always thought the advertised returns/exchange policy seemed super generous/easy) but got told they weren't sure how to handle it because the item wasn't complete. (Sort of understood - it's a 3 piece rod and the bit I have left is 1 complete piece in basically brand new cond.)
    Which led to contacting the online support to ask for some support for my online order...
    Get asked to send pictures (and do so immediately...) all the while assuming that this means SOMETHING might be happening to sort it out.
    But no... After 4 weeks the response is that I have to take it to a store for an assessment and they can handle the next steps. (Do the stores know that?)
    No more rods through BCF - that's for damned sure.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

John, my son bought a carbon rod from BCF. Too expensive in my view but anyway. I visited him a couple of days later to look at it. I (gently) tested it on the carpeted floor and snapped the tip off. Grabbed his receipt and took it back. Counter staff said ok, go and pick out another one. 1st time he used it snapped 2 bits off on an undersized mack. Had lost his receipt but he was talking to Tackle World and they said bring it in and they would hit up the rep. Ended up getting much more as a cash refund so bought a different rod. I am now using that rod after him breaking 3 bits off the tip. Haha.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the store of Purchase are the ones who have to handle the issue.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

They should do. But if they aren't doing anything about it, it's in the reps interest to look after it through whoever I guess. And the new store maybe wins a new customer.
    Not sure what I'll do. Got a mate who is tight with some Shimano dudes in Darwin - but suspect if I ask him he'll say he told me not to buy that piece of shit from that bunch of grubs haha

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like BCF have come through - after finally talking to someone directly.
    I just have to pop the broken one back to a store so they can process it but will make it right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123