Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Don And I

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good feed there B , how did the hand cope

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

nice session B ,getting a few fillets in the fridge every now and then i a nice reward i reckon.i have family up soon so putting a few flatty in mine too .trout will be next on the menu i think
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Good feed there B , how did the hand cope
    Bit of a comedy of errors mate, but managed. Have you camped at Mission before, Im seriously thinking of trying it.
    Went to the hand doc the other day, MRI shows the tendon joint failed, that was a waste of money/time/lost wages, he was keen to operate again, tonight actually, No way I was doing another 3 months of this. If you see me waving at you, Im not giving you the finger, its just my dodgy digit
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a great time of year for flattys. Now until mid-late July the big ones move in and start sunning themselves in the shallows.

great day out by the look of it Rakey. You gotta get up for the next forage

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Not for lack of interest mate, just never works for me. One day...
    Its a good time to fish, my local down here that I bank walk fishes the best in winter, plenty of big girls with their attendant males, cleaner water, light winds, love it
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeh mission is ok depends on the missies but they aerial spray there so not to bad

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Nice B, waters are starting to clear a bit. I suspect the fishing is only going to improve unless we have more fresh.
    I think you invoked the gods, lots more fresh through in the last few days, take a week for the stuff in the hills to filter through.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I think you invoked the gods, lots more fresh through in the last few days, take a week for the stuff in the hills to filter through.
    Yep, spoke too soon.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Bit of a comedy of errors mate, but managed. Have you camped at Mission before, Im seriously thinking of trying it.
    Went to the hand doc the other day, MRI shows the tendon joint failed, that was a waste of money/time/lost wages, he was keen to operate again, tonight actually, No way I was doing another 3 months of this. If you see me waving at you, Im not giving you the finger, its just my dodgy digit
    Hi BR65

I camp at Mission Point regularly, if you are taking any ladies best book campsites 1, 2 or 3, mostly sand beach up to campsite even on low and yabbies at your feet, if you want real peace and quite book campsite 12, however watch for stonefish up this end as you have to trudge through a bit of mud and weed at low tide, drop toilet not very clean but useable, cold shower area is actually salt water not fresh as you would expect, nice and quiet during the week, generally busy on weekends, take some bushmans if the mozzies and flies bother you, if you like the bush you will like mission point.

Most important tip is be wary of the drop off, it is a sheer drop of 3 to 4 mtrs .

MSB

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I love camping Mission Pt, Sites 1 and 2 are best as MSB mentioned. The little creek there is always worth soaking a pot or 2 for muddies.
    Have seen several really good jacks taken at night straight off the edge of the coffee rock bottom outside sites 5-7.
    Never really had much trouble with midgies or mozzies.. just keep the fire roarin'
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast