Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trio Of Dips

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trio Of Dips

Got no pics, but just a quick report, those local to Brissy northside mite be interested

Trip 1
    Some nice weather yesterday tempted me to drop the boat in late morning after completing the daily chores - hard life not working - Scarby Reef being the target. Picked up some Gar from the local seafood retailer, and did a few slow trolls on the north side of the spit for a couple of nice Tailor and a cracking Lizard around 60. Threw some gulps around off the end of the reef for another Lizard, and some mixed rubbish, Moses and Leather Jackets being the culprits.
    Settled into the shallow spot around 3pm, burleyed like crazy till dark for another Lizard, and a few quality Bream, with a lot of just legals going back, still no pink fish

Trip 2
    When the Bay Whisperer messages you to see if your interested about a run to his Tailor spots, you dont say no, so up early this morning to meet Shane for a trip in his boat. A nice trip over, Shane was fishing Pike and me Gar, I got dusted early by a suspected Cod, then we chipped away to put half a dozen quality Choppers in the esky, Pike proving to be the better bait. Thanks very much for the run mate, allways a pleasure, and some nice fresh Tailor fillets for tea and breaky!

Trip 3
    Put away the gear from this morning, and thought to myself "Self, its a nice afternoon, low tide around 4, little bit of east nor east, you should go Flathead fishing". I didnt argue, why bother, so slipped down to Hayes, which has been firing for lizards lately. A very easy 2 hour land based session which turned into a flatty marathon, a lot of 38's, but some mid 40's in there as well. A couple of boats in there trolling and flicking as well. The olds got a big feed of flatty and bream today, so I kept my 5 to keep the Misso happy. The usual Gulps and Pro Cure scent

The local spots are fishing pretty well atm if you put in the time. As much as I enjoy my Barra, Bass, Toges etc, its been nice putting fish on the table lately. Prob should take a few pics next time. Just counting down to Swains in July now.
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

What a life!!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice way to spend a couple of days B and food in the fridge, bonus.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Gaz, Misso loves her fish, rather eat it than a steak the strange woman

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the semi retired life Brian ,always a pleasure to catch up have a chat and a fish good going on the flat ones ,I decided to have a nanny nap this arve to early mornings in a row wear you out

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, I was tempted, but the ducks were just lining up for Hayes so had to go. If we caught as many fish as we spoke about today we would need wheel barrows mate. Thanks again for the run, very enjoyable being crew, AND being put on the fish lol!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Ha, I was tempted, but the ducks were just lining up for Hayes so had to go. If we caught as many fish as we spoke about today we would need wheel barrows mate. Thanks again for the run, very enjoyable being crew, AND being put on the fish lol!
    Lol being put on the fish and getting them to bite are 2 different things

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Be careful mate you will get used to this lifestyle lol
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon mate you might as well retire look how much fun you are having.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

After two weeks off,it took three shifts to get me grumpy again...
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast