Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Nice report there mate.
    One of the better creeks in SEQ for the bread and butter fish.
    Hi Mangajack
    Thanks for the response, yep it is a great creek to while away the time in, still some areas up the top end i haven't explored yet, thinking of buying a kayak to do it

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Great report Ron and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Should catch up for another fish, you back from your trip I presume.
    How are you Garry
    Yes I am back from our trip to Kiama, didn't get to do any fishing though, nice area but way to many people for me and the wife, Peter is back in late June so tee a time up with him and let me know
    Ron

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Thanks for the local knowledge Ron, do you ever chase Mangrove jack, I think I might do some exploring this summer.
    Hi Didley
    Yes I do, Ningi is home to some big jacks that live in tight spots so you will need a minimum 10kg outfit with a good drag, Mangajack will know more jack spots than me as I believe he fishes the top end of the creek from a kayak so he can get to spots I can't in my boat, if you want to try for some from around September on, send me a pm when you are serious and I will provide you details of where to try, you will need live bait as the jacks are pretty wary of all the lures that get thrown at them on weekends, some nice cod in the creek as well, Ningi is a good creek to explore, however do it a low tide as there is a lot of crap that sits just under the surface.

Happy to show you around if you like

Ron

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great Ron, We'll have to do a trip, but I do like to find my own spots, it's part of the challenge of the sport.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Ron. 3 generations on the water together enjoying a day out. That's living

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grunter on Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Great Ron, We'll have to do a trip, but I do like to find my own spots, it's part of the challenge of the sport.
    No problems, one of the best things about this site is that most of the posts I read are about people doing there own thing and not trying to skim everyone else, you will enjoy exploring Ningi, when you think you know a bit about Ningi, go hit Elimbah, much more shallow than Ningi because of silting uo over the years however still holds some good fish, then on to Glasshouse Creek and Mission Pt area, couple of Glassy grunter on ice attached
    Ron
    Attached Images Attached Images

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Good stuff Ron. 3 generations on the water together enjoying a day out. That's living
    Hi Funchy
    It is good times when you get to do it, young bloke loves his fishing

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    No problems, one of the best things about this site is that most of the posts I read are about people doing there own thing and not trying to skim everyone else, you will enjoy exploring Ningi, when you think you know a bit about Ningi, go hit Elimbah, much more shallow than Ningi because of silting uo over the years however still holds some good fish, then on to Glasshouse Creek and Mission Pt area, couple of Glassy grunter on ice attached
    Ron
    That's my next goal, a keeper Grunter. Thanks again for sharing Ron.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

All of my jacks in Ningi creek are caught on under 10lb main line and usually with 14lb leader.
    I have given up on hard bods and soft placcies there for jacks.
    Now i fish the surface only for jacks in the 45 mins either side of low tide.

Learn where the rocks are and you will get action.

Try not to find the rocks with the prop though, there are some big patches that do not quite get exposed on an extra low tide.....these ones fish the best because they are known by few people.

Top end of Ningi is the poorest fishing of any of the Pummy feeder creeks. It just does not have the terrain in the top end the others have. Elimbah, Hussey and Coochin have the best.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    All of my jacks in Ningi creek are caught on under 10lb main line and usually with 14lb leader.
    I have given up on hard bods and soft placcies there for jacks.
    Now i fish the surface only for jacks in the 45 mins either side of low tide.

Learn where the rocks are and you will get action.

Try not to find the rocks with the prop though, there are some big patches that do not quite get exposed on an extra low tide.....these ones fish the best because they are known by few people.

Top end of Ningi is the poorest fishing of any of the Pummy feeder creeks. It just does not have the terrain in the top end the others have. Elimbah, Hussey and Coochin have the best.
    Thanks for the information mangajack, I will give this a try, do you fish for them yourself only in the warmer months

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast