Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ningi Creek Fishing Report

Hi Everyone

Haven't posted for a bit due to not downloading pics from phone to computer, just did that so intend to post a few brief threads about fishing Ningi Creek during last 12 months.

Ningi is a great creek to fish if put the hours in and get to know it well, some of this info won't be anything knew to guys like Mangajack who fish it a lot, however other members considering making the trip might get something from the upcoming threads.

Having fished the creek for 50 years starting with my Dad when I was a little bugger, I have added to what the old fella taught me about the creek and passed all my knowledge on to my Son. Some of the fish he used to come home with out of the creek was great stuff, so I didn't mind lending him my boat because he always brought home a feed for the family.

I mostly fish Ningi now because I am getting old with bad knees and it is easy to launch and retrieve your boat at Spinnaker Sound when you are on your own, also easy to obtain bait, plenty of good yabbie banks and places to jig livies, and Ningi holds everything from bull sharks to whiting and fishes well on the run up and the run out, just need to move locations.

I always target a species when I fish as I personally believe you will have more success this way, others may not agree and I respect their opinion, I find this method works for me though.

July 2017
    Fished early morning run out tide with my Son and Grandson for a total of 12 lizards between us, of which 9 were legal, kept 5 for dinner, picture of my Grandson with his first legal lizard, fished between second red beacon into the creek proper with mud bank on right hand side, moved a couple of times over a 50 mtr stretch down towards the mouth, Used white bait on a 3 x gang of No 4 hooks worked back to the boat trying to imitate an injured bait fish, because white bait are soft, I salt them down 24 hours before using them and this makes them a lot firmer.

When I target flathead, I use 3kg platypus platinum mainline with 6kg platypus platinum leader, regardless of whether I baitfish or use lures.

Hope you enjoy the post.

I did say they would be brief, until the next post hope you all catch a few.

MSB20170730_104219.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing like local knowledge nice report
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff mate. I am still busy farm sitting but will be back for another session in late June.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff Ron, a person who doesn't mind sharing knowledge is a good person I recon.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    Nothing like local knowledge nice report
    Appreciate the response mate

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Good stuff mate. I am still busy farm sitting but will be back for another session in late June.
    Hi Gunna, yeah mate when you are ready, big summer whiting will be in the creek then

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Good stuff Ron, a person who doesn't mind sharing knowledge is a good person I recon.
    Thanks Blackfish, can't take knowledge with you to your grave hey!! may as well share it while you can.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report there mate.
    One of the better creeks in SEQ for the bread and butter fish.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report Ron and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Should catch up for another fish, you back from your trip I presume.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the local knowledge Ron, do you ever chase Mangrove jack, I think I might do some exploring this summer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast