Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another day on the Baffle

Plans were made for a quick trip to Baffle Creek on the weekend. Dids arrived at my place at 5am, packing completed and on the road at 5.20am. Arrived at Rocky Point Retreat on Baffle Creek around 10.30am where we met up with Chewy and Jode. Pete Jones and his wife Mel were due into camp about 5pm. Camp set up and beer o'clock by 11.30. With the wind not abating in the afternoon, beer o'clock was the order for the rest of the day.

Sat morning saw us on the water early. Wind was still up a bit, but fishable. A few casts here and a thousands casts there for no fish, we pulled the pin around 10 and back to camp. To bloody hot to be on the water. Wind just picked up from there and unfishable in the afternoon, so beer o'clock for the rest of the day.

Sunday, back on the water early to calm conditions. Fished down around the mouth of Baffle. Fishing was slow, water was clear. We managed a few small fish over the side, nothing outstanding and nailed my first Grunter on soft plastic, so that was a win. Back at camp by 10.30. Cooked up a feed, packed up and on the road by Midday.

Great to catch up again Chewy, Jodes and Pete. Was a pleasure to meet you Mel and Abbey. Another great couple of days away. Thanks again Mr Didley for the invite. For me it's about the camp fire, company and the destination, fish are just a bonus.

Rocky Point Retreat, great spot, fantastic set up. Can highly recommend.

Till next time around a campfire somewhere
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS