Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cooroibah Tide Times

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to calculate the tides for Lake Cooroibah? I see Willyweather has tides for various sections of the Noosa river until Tewantin.

Does anyone know how much time difference there is between Tewantins tides and Lake Cooroibahs?

Thanks
    Previously known as Pointyfish.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

hey shauno. there was an app that gave you the tide based on your location and it also gave you tide times when you marked google maps but i cant seem to find it at the moment
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nearly reverse up there.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Gunna. ffej always told me above Johns Landing high was low and low was high.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Agree with Gunna. ffej always told me above Johns Landing high was low and low was high.
    Yes, as chewy says, but lake Cooriobah is the first lake and it will be somewhere between the two, so no idea is the answer. If I was to take a guess, I'd get Tewantin tides and add 2 hours, but that's a guess.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say 15-20 minutes later than Tewantin.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon its a good half hour difference from Tewantin,its about 5ks up to Coorooibah from Tewantin.
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks everyone. I will post if I work it out.
    Previously known as Pointyfish.

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Noosa Hd is the standard port.

Tewantin (secondary) has a time lag of 1.07 hrs for high tide and 1.49 hrs for low tide. Just add those times to Noosa Hd times for Tewantin.

Cooriobah is approx 5 km upstream from Tewantin so add about 15 minutes to Tewantin times.

That makes Cooriobah approx. + 1.20 min for high tide wrt to Noosa Hd high water times.

And makes Cooriobah approx. + 2 .00 hrs for low tide wrt Noosa Hd low water times.

The tides at Tewantin are not 6 hrs in and 6 hours out. They're 40 minutes off 6 hours. Therefore i/c tidal stream is a bit faster than o/g tidal stream to maintain the 12 hour cycle.

At Rockhampton City (50km from Fitzroy mouth) the tide times are roughly 5 hours in and 7 hours out. I/c tidal stream runs like crazy. O/g tidal stream is slower taking an extra 2 hours to drain out the water that the i/c stream put in there in 5 hours.

Not rocket science.

Be careful with Willy weather. They're reviewing all of their secondary port times and tide heights because they were basing them on the incorrect datums in some places along the coast.

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

From Willy weather on 11 Nov. They'd been working on the problem I'd pointed out to them for about 4 - 5 months. Use MSQ tide tables if you want correct tide info until its sorted out.

Hi Ron

We haven't forgotten our discussions on this and thank you again for the precise information you provided. We are waiting on a full database update before the Fitzroy River situation can be resolved. This will be the first update in some years. It is a major undertaking with high potential for disruption of our service. Every change has to be checked and cross checked, and there are thousands of changes, but hopefully we'll have the update done in the next few months.
    best regards
    Greg
    WillyWeather Support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast