Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Noosa Hd is the standard port.

Tewantin (secondary) has a time lag of 1.07 hrs for high tide and 1.49 hrs for low tide. Just add those times to Noosa Hd times for Tewantin.

Cooriobah is approx 5 km upstream from Tewantin so add about 15 minutes to Tewantin times.

That makes Cooriobah approx. + 1.20 min for high tide wrt to Noosa Hd high water times.

And makes Cooriobah approx. + 2 .00 hrs for low tide wrt Noosa Hd low water times.

The tides at Tewantin are not 6 hrs in and 6 hours out. They're 40 minutes off 6 hours. Therefore i/c tidal stream is a bit faster than o/g tidal stream to maintain the 12 hour cycle.

At Rockhampton City (50km from Fitzroy mouth) the tide times are roughly 5 hours in and 7 hours out. I/c tidal stream runs like crazy. O/g tidal stream is slower taking an extra 2 hours to drain out the water that the i/c stream put in there in 5 hours.

Not rocket science.

Be careful with Willy weather. They're reviewing all of their secondary port times and tide heights because they were basing them on the incorrect datums in some places along the coast.