Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas holiday fun

After reading gaz's post on baffle and what jack lures to use got me all keen to catch a couple myself. So packed mel off to work droped abbey at her work, loaded the boat and headed of to see what i could catch. As i droped the boat of the plane nearing my detintion i idled up close to the mangroves, trying not to hit the under water rock bar. When right in front of me i saw a jackall squirrel dangling from the tree. I knew staight away it was gunna be a good day first spot was a sunken tree which had to have a fish for sure. After about 6 or so casts a fiesty little barra engulfed the little gold maria boat side. A quick fight and into the net drifting down further to a rock ledge and my xrs10 was smashed by the first jack of the day, god they hit hard. Quick pic and back over the side bit more casting befofre jack number 2. A big shallow boulder the little rapala shimmed over the top and bang they go hard in the shallows. A bit quiet for a while until jack number three came to play off a deep drop off casting along the bank and a pause was to much for my red freind and the little jackall squirel was engulfed. The biggest one for the day, at 45cm. A quick pit stop salad roll and an ice coffee and was looking for another fish. Next 2 fish came on the sqiurel again only little guys but hit and fight hard as i was just about to go a huge splash behind. In about two foot off water looked around to see about 1 meter of queenfish chasing a school of mullet in the choas. I had a frank spencer moment, i hooked my lure around my rod tip, by the time i got untangled the big bugger had gone. Ran into chewy and andy on the way back, had a quick talk and went and tried one more spot for a little trev but was a pretty good day all round. Got to love holidays merry christmas to all aa,s have great break and bring on next year IMG20181219183022 (2).jpgIMG_20181219_180617.jpgIMG_20181219_180710 (2).jpgIMG_20181219_180815 (2).jpgIMG_20181219_180337 (2).jpgIMG_20181219_180153.jpgIMG_20181219_180113 (2).jpg

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great day out Pete. Merry Christmas to u and urs mate
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's what i'm talkin' about, that's livin'. Well done Pete, a great day on the water. Merry Xmas to you and the family as well.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a nice day on the water and a $27 lure to boot

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

man that's a cool day on the water. Well done and Merry Christmas mate

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great day Pete, and great report, What did Chewy get?

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Couple of hump headed Jew I think mate ��

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Top report and pics Pete,a top session. I didn't know you had Frank Spencer/Mr Bean moments.
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Barramag View Post
    Top report and pics Pete,a top session. I didn't know you had Frank Spencer/Mr Bean moments.
    I think everyone has them at some stage mate

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow great little trip, nice work Pete.