Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Nice to see you on the water, was that you opposite Bells Creek around 1:30pm.
    I was out about the same time, we were actually meant to be adjusting my brothers trailer rollers, after the second dunking and the boat was starting to come off easier I wanted to do another adjustment however he said let's go fishing instead. So we went for a flick and got a couple of flatties and a small GT on the change of the tide, the wind and all the boat traffic seemed to keep them a bit quiet and trying to avoid the million crab pots. Was going to head out early this morning but got visitors last night and they decided to stay over, should have gone out as they're still in bed.
    Yes I suspect that was us. Sitting just between all the crb pot floats and the weed bank.

We used to fish a lot down in the Pine, but then moved up here and got involved in a longer-than-expected house renovation, BUT now that and a few other things have finished we plan to be out a lot so hopefully we’ll see you again and be able to say hello!

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Helllllllooooooooooooooooooo strangers!!! Great to see you finally got out. It has been too long indeed. I will be out on the water this Saturday morning so if you're out keep an eye out for a fat bloke in a 4.3M Stacer and two dogs
    We hope to get out on Friday, but that doesn’t mean we won’t get out again on Saturday. Regardless, we must make a time to catch up soon if we don’t cross paths on the ramp or the water. Nice looking dogs by the way!

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Script:

Yummmmm...and for a 48cm fish she had quite plump roe

Attachment 38288

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    Yes I suspect that was us. Sitting just between all the crb pot floats and the weed bank.

We used to fish a lot down in the Pine, but then moved up here and got involved in a longer-than-expected house renovation, BUT now that and a few other things have finished we plan to be out a lot so hopefully we’ll see you again and be able to say hello!
    We were just north of you in my brothers 515 Sunseeker.
    Well have to catch up, maybe Funchy can organise another Flattie Forage, long over due.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    We were just north of you in my brothers 515 Sunseeker.
    Well have to catch up, maybe Funchy can organise another Flattie Forage, long over due.
    Yes we saw you catch what looked like a bream but maybe it was the trevally?

FUNCHY should definitely organise a Flatties Forage (we’ll help out Funchy).

I’m not sure why the previous photo didn’t attach properly...but it was flatly fillets and roe for dinner tonight so I’ll try again

81CEBABF-2AFC-4CFE-986F-2921A9F93588.jpg

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Sitting just between all the crb pot floats and the weed bank.
    Can i just sneakly ask where the weed bank is >.> im a local to calounda and want to go squiding again but cant find any weed banks.

Also nice flatty

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    Can i just sneakly ask where the weed bank is >.> im a local to calounda and want to go squiding again but cant find any weed banks.

Also nice flatty
    Hmmm...so long as I can sneakily ask you for some squidding tips for up here . I’ll PM you.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...so long as I can sneakily ask you for some squidding tips for up here . I’ll PM you.
    Replyed also for the hint ill share here aswell

For squid dont cheapo them at all this is one i have after a single dunk

The glue just failed as i got it back on solid land and the tow point just came right out of it

photo_2018-05-03_18-20-25.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12