Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to idiots in the passage dignity try dealing with morons on jetski's that go full open ignoring the 10 knot speed limit and no wake signs.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    dont hear of it much Gippsy. They should. Money for jam.
    Down here I don't think they chip the crabs but if enough people complain about a certain area they will set up cameras in the mangroves with a set pot. I started a thread on another forum about nominating areas as the fisheries were happy to do something about it and got little response, those that complained the most about share farmers said nothing, only a few responses. I suspect a lot of pots (cheap thin rings) drift with the big runs at night around a full moon. Another thing I would like to see enacted is to have the lines weighted at 1 meter below the float, saves being cut by idiots who come to close and even helps with drag during big tides. It never seems to get any better.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

My brother was down the pin last week. Said pwcs everywhere. Full throttle through the 6 knot sections. Hard to get away from them for a quiet fish.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Macks View Post
    My brother was down the pin last week. Said pwcs everywhere. Full throttle through the 6 knot sections. Hard to get away from them for a quiet fish.
    yup they are annoying worse when its the hire ones that proceed to do cicles at max speed close to shore. lucky i had someone fishing with me when this happend otherwise there would be some loud talking happening.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right Garry, however before anyone can get their fishing license, they have to first pass a basic common sense test, boat ramp etiquette test, basic dick head test, also basic crab pot question i.e how many metres of rope do you need attached to your crab pot float when placing your crab pot smack bang in the middle of a small creek channel that is only 2 metres deep at high tide a) 30 metres b) 15 metres or c) approx 4 to 5 mtrs or d) only a dickhead with no consideration for others and no idea will put crab pots in the middle of a small creek channel.

Other then when my Grandson comes over for a weekend, I will not fish on weekends or school holidays, way to many cock heads with no idea about launching and retrieving their boat, no idea about fishing in general, and absolutely no idea on rules of the water, before I get smashed, I realise some people only have the opportunity to fish on weekends and school holidays, I am lucky in that respect, but geez, we all have to learn from scratch, I know I did, but I was lucky I was born with some common sense, and was smart enough to find out about stuff I didn't know about before I did it, and above all, stayed out of peoples way until I knew what I was doing, these days people mostly dive in and see what happens, and then squeal when they get in the shit and need assistance, and then forget to thank you

Hope everyone has a great 2019 with plenty of fish caught

MSB
    Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/quest...fcdfeb68e07996

There was also a pro crabber fined 5 grand in moreton bay for interfering with pots a few months ago.

It is being policed, just that they don't have enough resources to cover everywhere. I think it is time for fishing licenses, so long as the proceeds are put back into rec fishing and not into the public coffers for spending elsewhere. Qld has a big coastline, would need quite a few more fisheries inspectors to cover it.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

I also try to avoid school holidays, weekends and public holidays but still get talked into it. Interesting about crab pots it would be nice if they made it law that a lead weight needed to be attached 1 metre below the float, would save a lot of angst. Interesting about jetskis drivers is that there are more that follow the rules than don't and I usually give the good guys a wave the same as good boaties.

We certainly need more resources, 4 Fisheries to monitor from Bribie Island to Tin Can Bay, not even an oil slick on the water.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Interesting about jetskis drivers is that there are more that follow the rules than don't
    Bulcock beach near the bbq spots theres a hire place for them they are the ones ive had the most issue with is those that get a jetski by themself just pure annoyance since they come in close with 0 cares.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saph View Post
    Bulcock beach near the bbq spots theres a hire place for them they are the ones ive had the most issue with is those that get a jetski by themself just pure annoyance since they come in close with 0 cares.
    Talk to the owner of the business, he'll sort them out. He prefers to take a group out with him in the lead but for those who have a licence he will rent them out individually. Its usually the guys who want to go and jump waves across the bar that are the worst offenders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12