Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Morning inthe Passage

Met up with the bloke who busts tackle at 0600 today for a session out of Donnybrook. Gaz had his BIL Norm along. Norm is a novice so the plan was for the experts to flick plastics and Norm to soak a bait. The morning started well with Gaz and Norm both getting a keeper lizard a little way up Glasshouse Ck. Things then went quiet for an hour or so so we trolled our way back out to the passage. Which almost worked well when Norm's lure got monstered by presumably a very big lizard. Unfortunately it chewed through the line after a short but exciting fight. We pumped some yabbies and set up at Ron's hole for a session. Gaz stayed on the plastics - which failed - while Norm and I commenced a really good session on bait. One of those times when the passage fishes like the old days. Nearly every cast a fish. Some stonker bream and tarwhine. A grassy. A nice squire. We decided while the fish were chewing we would try some other spots we like. Off to Peter's hole where the sounder lit up like a chrismas tree. Unfortunately the big fish we could see wouldn't play the game so we made do with lots more bream and a moses perch. Then for something completely different we went and fished Gazza's hole where Gaz pulled the best lizard of the day. Also an exciting 10 minutes where a bunch of half decent moses perch set up camp near the boat and Gaz and I pulled a few with a fish a cast on plastics. Fun times.

So a good session at last. All fish, except for the three lizards, went back to fight another day. Thanks for the day and the company fellas.

thumbnail.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That is one of the those trips that prevents our fishing gear getting sold off in frustration. Well done boys.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear someone getting a few fish, well done boys.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pete
    Were you fishing the run out at the hole, nice to hear you all had a good day, I worked hard for my yabbies the other day, did you get plenty or were they a bit scattered.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Met up with the bloke who busts tackle at 0600 today for a session out of Donnybrook. Gaz had his BIL Norm along. Norm is a novice so the plan was for the experts to flick plastics and Norm to soak a bait. The morning started well with Gaz and Norm both getting a keeper lizard a little way up Glasshouse Ck. Things then went quiet for an hour or so so we trolled our way back out to the passage. Which almost worked well when Norm's lure got monstered by presumably a very big lizard. Unfortunately it chewed through the line after a short but exciting fight. We pumped some yabbies and set up at Ron's hole for a session. Gaz stayed on the plastics - which failed - while Norm and I commenced a really good session on bait. One of those times when the passage fishes like the old days. Nearly every cast a fish. Some stonker bream and tarwhine. A grassy. A nice squire. We decided while the fish were chewing we would try some other spots we like. Off to Peter's hole where the sounder lit up like a chrismas tree. Unfortunately the big fish we could see wouldn't play the game so we made do with lots more bream and a moses perch. Then for something completely different we went and fished Gazza's hole where Gaz pulled the best lizard of the day. Also an exciting 10 minutes where a bunch of half decent moses perch set up camp near the boat and Gaz and I pulled a few with a fish a cast on plastics. Fun times.

So a good session at last. All fish, except for the three lizards, went back to fight another day. Thanks for the day and the company fellas.

thumbnail.jpg

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the company Pete, a pleasure as always. Thanks also for your patience and helping out with Norm.

After a few lean trips, it was finally nice to get a few runs on the board. That lizard on the troll was a beast, also took a $25 lure. The lizards kept were a pair of 46's and a mid 50's

Ron, Coming out of Glasshouse, we got the yabbies on the southern bank just before the green marker, had 50 odd in no time. Runout tide, last half.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for th info Garry, glad you caught a few, fished Glassy with my Grandson on Saturday and scored a heap of undersize grunter most of them in the 26cm to 28cm range, lost one good fish which i think was a bigger grunter , young bloke caught a big long tom which he thought was fantastic, hope 2019 is a good you for you and Pete, be in touch
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Thanks for the company Pete, a pleasure as always. Thanks also for your patience and helping out with Norm.

After a few lean trips, it was finally nice to get a few runs on the board. That lizard on the troll was a beast, also took a $25 lure. The lizards kept were a pair of 46's and a mid 50's

Ron, Coming out of Glasshouse, we got the yabbies on the southern bank just before the green marker, had 50 odd in no time. Runout tide, last half.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Ron. Gaz still thinks those grunters are a myth. Actually surprised we didn’t get one today.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job fellas. I wondered if you Guys were playing hold the way the locations were going
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Did not think Morgan’s opened so early,
    well done might have to get out for a run soon myself ,Tim coming to fix electric on Thursday for me so hopefully after that,
    good to see still plenty of yabbies on the banks

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Great session! AND very encouraging

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast