Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bulimba Creek, anyone fished it

Anyone fished Bulimba Creek that runs off the Brisbane River just east of the gateway. Looks fishy on google earth with plenty of structure upstream from the mouth. Looks like good jack territory. Is it worth a trip?
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Only one way to find out for sure TB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Gets a lot of pressure Gaz but there are some decent fish in there.
    To be honest Cabo river turns better results.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I cut my teeth fishing Bulimba. Where Old Cleveland Rd crosses it we fished handlines and garden worms for eels and catfish. Took them home and cooked them over a fire in the backyard. Full of arsenic from the wool scours. All Carindale now. Does that help?

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Arsenic gives a specific flavour similar to fennel so I reckon those eels and catfish would have had tasted pretty good, you must have ate a few gunna because arsenic was extensively used used in the feed of dressage and racehorses in the seventies and eighties to improve their coat and last time we went fishing I noticed your skin was absolutely glowing , only downside is that if you put too much arsenic in the feed, their coat would fall out , so you must have ate plenty gunna

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Arsenic gives a specific flavour similar to fennel so I reckon those eels and catfish would have had tasted pretty good, you must have ate a few gunna because arsenic was extensively used used in the feed of dressage and racehorses in the seventies and eighties to improve their coat and last time we went fishing I noticed your skin was absolutely glowing , only downside is that if you put too much arsenic in the feed, their coat would fall out , so you must have ate plenty gunna
    Yep you are right Msb you could tell a racehorse that had arsenic it’s coat would go all dull and patchy as well in the off season but it swabs so now banned as for Pete just got to look at his hair to know he has had it lol

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheeky buggers

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Cheeky buggers
    come on gunna we know you love it mate