Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to North Stradbroke

Hi Everyone
    Off to North Stradbroke for a week on Thursday with my wife to celebrate 44years married, I have convinced her that we can't go to Straddie without taking a couple of rods, and the yabbie pump, just in case we get the chance to have a fish, so I am putting my hand up for a bit of help as to where I might find a reliable yabbie bank, any assistance would be much appreciated.
    Thankyou all
    MSB

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been to Straddie Ron, so can't help you out there on the fishing side of things.

As for 44 yrs married, congratulations and happy anniversary. Have a great week.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tackle_buster View Post
    Never been to Straddie Ron, so can't help you out there on the fishing side of things.

As for 44 yrs married, congratulations and happy anniversary. Have a great week.
    Thankyou Garry

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Commiserations on 44 years, I'm approaching 45 this year so am well aware of the issues of needing to go fishing but fortunately my wife pushes me out the door to go fishing but then when I come home like today she asks whether I'm nuts going out in all the wind and rain.

Bloody computers with auto spelling, thats supposed to be congratulations.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Ron, nice place to be at Straddy.
    Be aware there are some rather big greenzones along the bay side of the island.
    Many years ago we used to pump some yabbies near the Dunwich caravan park....unknown if they are still there or even if it now green zone.

Enjoy your week away.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the anniversary. A great place for some together time at Straddie. No idea about yabbies. Beach worms on the other hand...

Have fun.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Commiserations on 44 years, I'm approaching 45 this year so am well aware of the issues of needing to go fishing but fortunately my wife pushes me out the door to go fishing but then when I come home like today she asks whether I'm nuts going out in all the wind and rain.

Bloody computers with auto spelling, thats supposed to be congratulations.
    Thanks Dignity, yep definitely congratulations, I am a lucky man the wife loves fishing, motor racing, NRL, and will even share a bottle of red with me, appreciate the post

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Congrats Ron, nice place to be at Straddy.
    Be aware there are some rather big greenzones along the bay side of the island.
    Many years ago we used to pump some yabbies near the Dunwich caravan park....unknown if they are still there or even if it now green zone.

Enjoy your week away.
    Thanks Tony, I will check in front of the caravan park for a bank, thanks for the green zone tip, never gave it a thought
    Ron

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thegurn View Post
    Congrats on the anniversary. A great place for some together time at Straddie. No idea about yabbies. Beach worms on the other hand...

Have fun.
    Thanks Gurn, never tried beach worming might give that a go while I am over there, thanks for the post

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done to you both on the milestone ��

Sorry I cant help on the yabby bed front but perhaps catching some before you go and preserving them is an option? Or maybe google bait shops in the area and ask them? Better still they may sell bloodworms which I reckon are better whiting bait anyway?

Have fun and enjoy your time away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast