Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Well done to you both on the milestone ��

Sorry I cant help on the yabby bed front but perhaps catching some before you go and preserving them is an option? Or maybe google bait shops in the area and ask them? Better still they may sell bloodworms which I reckon are better whiting bait anyway?

Have fun and enjoy your time away
    Hi Funchy
    You are probably right mate, bloodworms will outfish yabbies , but my knees don't allow me to get down in the mud anymore and the bank won't lend me any money to purchase them since I gave up working, so I stick to pumping yabbies, have found a couple of nice silty sand banks to pump over the years and good thing is I don't sink in it and the yabbies are easy to pump, I have switched over to using circle hooks for whiting since I had a fish with mangajack , to many gut hooked smaller whiting on your standard No 4 hook, I also rig them differently on the circle hook so they have a lot more movement and the whiting absolutely smash them hooked this way, only issue is so do the grunter