Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    Congrats Ron, nice place to be at Straddy.
    Be aware there are some rather big greenzones along the bay side of the island.
    Many years ago we used to pump some yabbies near the Dunwich caravan park....unknown if they are still there or even if it now green zone.

Enjoy your week away.
    Hi Tony
    Forgot to let you know, I married that Gary Howard 9' light estruary rod I got off you with a Shimano Sienna 4000 and 3kg platypus pretest for the wife, she loves it and it is a near perfectly balanced outfit and doesn't tire her out, thanks again for parting with the rod mate, have you been fishing up Ningi of late
    Ron

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Well done to you both on the milestone ��

Sorry I cant help on the yabby bed front but perhaps catching some before you go and preserving them is an option? Or maybe google bait shops in the area and ask them? Better still they may sell bloodworms which I reckon are better whiting bait anyway?

Have fun and enjoy your time away
    Hi Funchy
    You are probably right mate, bloodworms will outfish yabbies , but my knees don't allow me to get down in the mud anymore and the bank won't lend me any money to purchase them since I gave up working, so I stick to pumping yabbies, have found a couple of nice silty sand banks to pump over the years and good thing is I don't sink in it and the yabbies are easy to pump, I have switched over to using circle hooks for whiting since I had a fish with mangajack , to many gut hooked smaller whiting on your standard No 4 hook, I also rig them differently on the circle hook so they have a lot more movement and the whiting absolutely smash them hooked this way, only issue is so do the grunter

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSB View Post
    Hi Tony
    Forgot to let you know, I married that Gary Howard 9' light estruary rod I got off you with a Shimano Sienna 4000 and 3kg platypus pretest for the wife, she loves it and it is a near perfectly balanced outfit and doesn't tire her out, thanks again for parting with the rod mate, have you been fishing up Ningi of late
    Ron
    You are welcome Ron, I am glad it is her favorite now.

Haven't looked at ningi since January.....should revisit it again soon.

Cabo is showing signs of a good winter season.

Tony

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mangajack View Post
    You are welcome Ron, I am glad it is her favorite now.

Haven't looked at ningi since January.....should revisit it again soon.

Cabo is showing signs of a good winter season.

Tony
    Yes mate from all reports it is starting to fire, I am going to hit Ningi hard in May & June

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12