Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Well i went fishing....

IMG_4121.jpg

Sorry guys, had a bit on this week, so thought i'd have a beer this arv and write up a bit of a report from last weekend.
    With the weather looking pretty good I had an excellent plan, involving slaying some squid, plenty of fish for the freezer and a nice day out and about, staying 100 metres away from Fraser to comply with the current restrictions. Boat was packed Saturday, all I had to do was throw my lunch in the esky and fuel up and I was good to go. The dulcet tunes of Kip Moore woke me at 4:30 am and I was up and at em. Made my cup of tea, quick vita brit to carry me through until my breakky beer and I was off. Fuelled up without incident?(no fuel in the rod holder.. a mistake that's easy to make.) Headed out to beaver, and was about half way there when I went to take a sop if my morning tea...it wasn't in the console. Bewilderment set in, and my foggy brain(yes some beers were consumed Saturday night) eventually worked out I had sat it on the front of the boat while putting the lunch in the esky. I was a a crossroads, literally at the walkers point Beaver rock turnoff, lots of thoughts bouncing around my head. Should I go back, risk more roo strikes, could I do without it? Was there a chance it had sat there long enough to get to the servo corner...Was it too early for a beer already...Anyway. It had been with me for lots of fishing trips, so I headed back, rounded the corner to my place and here was some objects in the middle of the road. Unfortunately my COntigo cup was in several pieces on the road. Shot inside, made another cup of tea, and headed off, all without waking the dogs and wife. Well the day had to look up from here. Made it to Beaver without further incident, though I am sure I saw the same roo I hat the previous weekend at the ramp grinning at me. Launched and headed off, beautiful morning if a bit chilly.

IMG_4126.jpg

Plan was to check the beacons on the way to Kingfisher and then look for some queenies and squid at the pics and little woody. Second drop got a little school mack at the beacons then nothing, so headed out to the pics, and then Little Woody. Pulled up, and there was a bit of breeze but not bad, rigged, and started casting. Sittiing there, with the head clearing, the brain was ticking over.....I think im now in partially smooth waters(which in my defense doesn't happen often) I thought to myself "Self, you probably should check those flares" Few more casts it got the better of me. Hooray.. Expiry April 2020. Oh wait, it May. Dang nabit. Pulled the electric, and headed back towards the pics, which I believe is smooth waters around them. Anyway, Had a quick drift along there, picked up a few squid, saw a gazillion whiting, before my conscience got the better of me and I headed back down into the straights. Snuck up one of the creeks on the electric and was rewarded with lots of small blue salmon and sight casting grunter in a metre of water. My fave kind of fishing. Couldn't find a flathead to save my life though. With a couple smaller fish in the esky I headed home to clean those and the squid, which ended up a pretty good feed. What was one of the most Mr Bean trips in a while ended up pretty good in the end.

IMG_4136.jpg

Pulled beef brisket sanga and beer pretty good, just need a microwave on the boat.

GOPR0043.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

Enlight877.jpg
    Few Squid Rings, chips and Blue Salmon. Doesn't get much better.

First of two squid fishing vids below. This one is close to where some of you have spilled a few beers...

Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it was an adventure for sure, with a feed at the end. Nice job.
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. That feed looks first class!

Cheers,
    Roo.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

To early for a beer, there's a sentence i've never heard come from your mouth, is Jodes going to read this?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    To early for a beer, there's a sentence i've never heard come from your mouth, is Jodes going to read this?
    Bloody hope not.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Good write up there, and now i know to watch the video as it comes from a forum member (saw it on my youtube sub list and debated on it because their videos have been a bit off with me like some of the older ones its basicly music and thats it or dead silence.)

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice mr Chew