Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Woodgate weekend

Last minute decision to go away for the weekend, starting Thursday afternoon. Found accommodation at Woodgate beach. Somehow I got conned to take two of my daughter 's friends meaning two cars. Opted for tinnie and kayaks instead of keywest give the shallows not Theodolite CK. Digs were good with 5 bedrooms and pool. Walking distance to the pub. Weather was cracking on Friday but windy Saturday and Sunday. Fishing and crabbing for bugger all Jennie's and u/s flatties and Moses perch.. One pot stolen in overnight soak. More family time than fishing but great time had by all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a bloody good spot mate. Quality time.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul. Pub was good
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s def a nice spot did you go up burrum Steve
    the world is a lot better place if you just smile

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great family weekend

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve. I holidayed up there as a kid with the olds, the old fella managed a big Spaino longer than me from some local reef, not sure where. I still remember catching big sand whiting off the beach, prob locked my fishing addiction in at Woodgate, gotta go back one day with Debs
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Love that spot, nearly bought a place there about 15 years ago, the missus wasn't too keen at the time due to our commitments. It was one of those occasions where I should have gone with my gut feeling.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by al49 View Post
    It’s def a nice spot did you go up burrum Steve
    Al, no we didnt. We really only the one day on the water and Theodolite Ck was probably preferable for kids in kayaks. If it was a pure fishing trip, then we would have dropped in a Walkers Pt and gone that way.

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Looks like a great family weekend
    It was Shane. Nice to not work on a weekend for once.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Thanks Steve. I holidayed up there as a kid with the olds, the old fella managed a big Spaino longer than me from some local reef, not sure where. I still remember catching big sand whiting off the beach, prob locked my fishing addiction in at Woodgate, gotta go back one day with Debs
    Cracking place. Have stayed there a few times. When we were walking along the beach there was an older fella with a young guy in tow. They were beach worming so wandered over. Doing ok, they were. Kids got to see how it was done. Brought back good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Love that spot, nearly bought a place there about 15 years ago, the missus wasn't too keen at the time due to our commitments. It was one of those occasions where I should have gone with my gut feeling.
    I did have a look around at the prices of houses for sale. Should have bought 15 years ago!!!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes it’s just about getting away from the hassles with your favourite people Steve. Top weekend mate.
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).