Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3Macks View Post
    Good story Reg. My wife is also wishing the wind would drop so she could get rid of me for the day. You could also ask the Jetskier which cereal packet he got his licence out of. Nicely of course.
    I get that more and more from my wife.
    On the other issue it's a hard decision, approached the right way some times you can let them know that there is a rigging area (if one exists) the big issue is they have seen your vehicle and you often wonder if when you get back nothing has happened to it.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

I was more worried that my boat would be cut loose by the angry mob fishing on the other pontoon while I was parking the car.
    Been belted into me a few times over the years that it's better to keep my yap shut too.
    Last edited by Thegurn; 15-09-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the people fishing on the pontoon realise that your boat/trailer rego is what paid for the pontoon in the first place? I’ve had that argument with a bloke fishing at the boat ramp before, upped me for having the cheek to launch my boat!
    Fishing Fishing Fishing. I like Fishing

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

I've pointed to the bollards on the pontoon before and asked what they thought they were put there for.

Doesn't seem to help one little bit.
    Does the opposite in fact.

Better to be insincerely apologetic for the interuption than finding your boat drifting downstream when you get back.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry... I meant cleats, not bollards.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

And, like most, I've had more than my share of bad tempers thrown my way when someone fishing off the pontoon can't understand why you've dragged your boat around to the end where they're fishing.
    You know, but they don't, that someone's coming right behind you from the rigging area.

Even then, sensible explanations have little effect.

Seems to be the trend these days that more and more people are simply born, live, and will die angry.

Personally, I couldn't be bothered. Waste of adrenaline.
    (Except for the other day.... of course. Ha)

Cheers

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

The pontoons at Mooloolaba near the Coast Guard are well sign posted that Boats take precedence over anglers who must pull their lines in. I've never had a problem as most probably don't want to lose their gear. Often I have some left over bait and offer it to them and they are happier than pigs in mud.p

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    The pontoons at Mooloolaba near the Coast Guard are well sign posted that Boats take precedence over anglers who must pull their lines in. I've never had a problem as most probably don't want to lose their gear. Often I have some left over bait and offer it to them and they are happier than pigs in mud.p
    maloja has the same one on the ramp down to the pontoon.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Do the people fishing on the pontoon realise that your boat/trailer rego is what paid for the pontoon in the first place? I’
    I'I'm thinking of writing to the State Govt next time boat rego is due and tell them that I don't need to pay it as it is my water bicycle. Cyclists often use the excuse that they pay for the many millions of dollars spent accommodating bicycles through their car rego. Now 85% use cycles for recreational purposes and I use my boat for the same purpose therefore I must be exempt.
    Don't want to open another can of worms up. Oops, too late.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice read, with the idiots on jetski's make it look like your recording them and their rego, done it myself and they slow down pretty fast, not had many try and stop me because they think that they would be charged with assalt aswell if they did anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12