Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ningi Creek Shit Slick

When to Ningi this morning to see if i could pick up a couple of grunter off the bank in the last couple of hours of the run out, confronted with a massive shit slick, and lots of it piled up around the boat ramp, have come across it before but never this bad. Amazing thing was there were heaps of prawns flicking and schools of mullet swimming in and out of the stuff, like it was all good.

Didn't bother wetting a line.

There is no sewage plant on Ningi Ck itself, it appears to be from runoff from properties that have septics or on site sewage systems that have over flowed with the recent rains we've had, Tony will correct me if this is not the case as he knows the creek better than me.

A thesis on the water quality done back in 2006 claimed the runoff into the creek from these properties was the main issue, recommendations were put to the council at the time but as usual nothing has happened. Next waterway to be stuffed will be Caboolture River with a massive marina planned for the eastern side of the river as well as a 15,000 people community called North Harbour which already has stage 1 completed and around 1000 people living there, plans for the marina include dredging 5k's of the river so larger vessels can access the marina, there is already a small marina on the west bank of the river up from Bakers Flats.

I will probably be dead by the time the marina gets underway, feel for Tony and his jew and prawning spots but.
    Attached Images Attached Images