Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caloundra Whiting Fishing

For the whiting enthusiasts on the site, type in Caloundra Whiting Fishing on the net and check out the horses this guy is catching, only goes for bit over 3 minutes and the youtube video is 20 years old but worth quick look if you would like to be out catching whiting and you can't because of the weather

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

There a good size. I ran into an old bloke cleaning a bunch that size around that same time. Lived in the van park at Golden Beach and had an old timber dinghy moored there. Got all his pre-dawn on soldier crabs.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    There a good size. I ran into an old bloke cleaning a bunch that size around that same time. Lived in the van park at Golden Beach and had an old timber dinghy moored there. Got all his pre-dawn on soldier crabs.
    Ah yes! the old timber dinghy with the seagull outboard, or oars if you couldn't afford the seagull, the old man used to use the little black soldier crabs as well Peter, maybe 4 of to a long shank No 4, my brother in law who is 84 actually has an old seagull outboard under his house covered with an old hessian corn bag, wonderful times hey, you stay well mate
    Ron

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Those were the days
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting he does well at night there.....the southern part of the passage is far better in daylight hours.
    To be honest, my ideal size for tings is 35cm....fish nearing or over 40cm are not as good on the tooth.