Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Clear water capers

IMG-0339.jpg

So finally the last couple weeks i have had a bit of time to have a fish, unfortunately my Brissy partner in crime has been locked up, not for the first time i would suspect. So on a couple of scouting missions to find a few fish for his imminent return i have done a couple of trips chasing something other than Grunter...go figure. Normally this time of year i chase sand whiting, and i have done this, with limited success, though normally i go in the evening into the night. What has been obvious is the amount of fish that's actually in the straits currently. I spent a lot of time cruising around on the electric, just looking at fish. Blue Salmon have been the standout, with lots of school sized fish, and without doubt, are my favorite light tackle fish in the estuary. The other upside is the old man loves to eat them fresh, so i have bled and brined a couple the last couple weeks. I have been fishing one of the new Zman placcys, cause i guess that's what i do, and have got plenty of fish on the surface on the 3" Baby goatz. Been great fun, with tailor, blue salmon, trevally, queenies hitting the deck and a couple grunter chasing but not committing...that's my next target on surface.
    Fished on a light 7 foot spin outfit,6lb braid and 10lb leader, this is really the fishing i enjoy these days. Its all visual, and bloody good fun.
    There is also a crap tonne of flatty's about, so ill chase a few of them in the next little while. I did weaken and get a few grunter also, but just enjoying playing around on surface for something different. Seems like in the straits at the moment, if you find the bait you find some fish. Mostly i have just been hitting the drain mouths on the last of the out, first of the in tide. Tailor have been sitting on most rock bars i have fished.

IMG-0342.jpg

IMG-0342.jpg

P1090382.jpg

P6130014.jpg

P6130019.jpg

P1090409.jpg

P1090415.jpg
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...