Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some Diseases Eradicated by Vaccination

Hi Everyone
    Normally wouldn't get involved in politics, seems to bring out the red mist in some people with strong views on a subject, however after being called a pair of stupid old vaginas and lackys to the Qld Government, and a few other choice things, I thought I would put this out there for anybody on the site that may be against Covid vaccination.

My wife and I were down at Woolies buying some groceries and we were wearing masks, because we choose to, a group of 4 young people aged around 15 or 16 I guess were sitting out front when we walked past and they started hassling us and calling us the things previously mentioned, my wife convinced me to keep walking and not engage with them which I reluctantly and probably sensibly did.

I have attached a link to a website that I believe puts things in perspective for those who have short memories and think the authorities are being harsh.

My Dad had polio and walked with a limp his whole life, and my Uncle Alan died from tetanus.

One thing my Dad always drummed into me was that rights come with responsibilities , so anyone who doesn't want to get vaccinated, thats their right, but don't complain if you have restrictions put on you to protect the majority of the population.

Ron

dc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/forgot-14-diseases.html

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not politics Ron, it's science (medicine), some have a problem separating the two these days.

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

What you've got to remember is that most of the generations before us didn't have to live through some of those issues, one of my high school mates had polio, it didn't let it stop him doing anything but his gait was awkward. Mumps, rubella, whooping cough, all of those were almost eliminated but now starting to show again.

It's like asking younger people to not look at their phones for a day, absolute sacrilege in their eyes, yet they'll believe fake news without researching it.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

The scary part is these antivaxxers are the same people asking questions on facebook and taking the answers as fact.....seriously what a bad tactic to source information??

Science has got it wrong often in the past but they are improving.
    Headache cure was trepanning only 100 years ago
    Thalidomide was a wonder drug...

But then again salt was bad for you last week and opposite this week.

I don't care if people opt not to get vaxxed....i will limit my exposure to most people anyway when the clusters come near me.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Mate you did the right thing , as of today even when I go out up here in gladstone I will be wearing a mask, a lot of people just want to cause trouble .I believe every one has a choice if they want to take it or not but if you were and anti vaxxer and you and another person need a ventilator and there is only one available then the person who got the vaccine should get it

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a few elderly folk (friends of friends) and one young relation who truly and staunchly believe it's all a conspiracy. Each one has a different theory. Mind control, population control, nanobots, gene modification, "The Great Reset".

All old enough to know better, would have some recollection of the other diseases mentioned, and are well into their old age so most likely won't be around when 'someone' flicks the switch to activate the vaccine and turn us into sterile mindless drones.

Really? Natural selection at play I reckon. Good luck to them.
    Last edited by Thegurn; 13-12-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

As anyone whohas worked for the political system knows, they're barely able to scratch their ar*e let alone set up and maintain a complicated conspiracy.
    If you have to choose between consipracy and stupidity, go stupidity every time.