Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Prawning & Jew Season

I feel for everybody affected by this weather event, I am one of the lucky ones having had minimal disruptions, one thing to look forward to for those on the site that love prawning is a boom prawn season ahead, provided the rain eases soon and the creeks clear up somewhat by mid April, a boom prawn season brings with it a good jew season, so lets hope we all have a bit of fun doing our favourite pastime, another bonus will be plenty of bass washed over the North Pine Dam wall will be in the upper reaches of the North and South Pine rivers, good fishing to everyone and best wishes and a speedy recovery to anyone that has been affected.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron. I would take you for a fish if I could remember how to use the boat. Used twice in 18 months. Unforgivable. May be going on the market this year.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Thanks Ron. I would take you for a fish if I could remember how to use the boat. Used twice in 18 months. Unforgivable. May be going on the market this year.
    Hi gunna
    I sold my boat 12 months ago for the same reason ,no use, before the heavens opened I had been doing a bit of land based fishing at a couple of spots that are reliable producers for whiting and grunter with the occasional lizard thrown in, probably be at least a month before it is worthwhile trying again.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah my two waterways the brissie and the mary will have good prawns but you're right, it'll be a good month before they're fishable, esp the bris with the rubbishwashing down. The Mary got a clean out a month ago so might be less rubbish.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I see them chasing prawns off Victoria Point. Large but not huge numbers.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Stick with it Gunna.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard that there was an unconfirmed sighting of one of my tagged Brissy River bass off the coast of Ballina somewhere.....

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how the upper reaches fish after a big event like this. Saw this guy out yesterday. Must of been checking his pots....

Cheers,
    Roo.

IMG_1417.jpg
    "Fishing - The most expensive way known to get a meal for free......"

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you will find the flush that the Pine has had will have removed all the prawns and fish from the river.
    After 2011 floods there were no worm beds left in the pine, they took about 3 years to re-establish.

Jew might be a goer if we don't get anymore serious rain periods.
    The jew appear following the tailor, the tailor appear mid May....depending on bait schools.

I think I might be giving the passage a nudge this winter for the jew more than the Pine.
    Briz River will recover better than the Pine.
    Cabo will definitely be a good prospect this winter.....it badly needed a strong flush.

Next time you drive over the Petrie bridges take notice of downstream.....there are some serious changes to the river there, I presume that will follow on down to Castle Hill with similar damages and hopefully some holes will be scoured deeper again.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

The high road at the Bald Hills Flats...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of the rail damages in Brisbane...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast