Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s mint mate, or was when I last fished it. Lots of options. There’s you can fish the creeks for Barra threadies and jacks.
    If the weather is good there’s some good options not far offshore also. Creek is shallow but gives up some good fish. The pros do set up there a bit though. Let me know if you are heading that way and I’ll mark up a map. And then there is cape Palmerston.
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

West Hill Creek might also be a go, by the number of shacks there. Can't see a formal Ramp though.
    Last time I was at Carmila Beach the ramp had half a metre of mud covering the lower section but there was a stack of precast ramp units there. The creek mouth dries at low tide so it would be in and out at high only. Not sure if any of the sheds/cabins are available for rent

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    It’s mint mate, or was when I last fished it. Lots of options. There’s you can fish the creeks for Barra threadies and jacks.
    If the weather is good there’s some good options not far offshore also. Creek is shallow but gives up some good fish. The pros do set up there a bit though. Let me know if you are heading that way and I’ll mark up a map. And then there is cape Palmerston.
    Thanks Chewy. Will do re map. Always good to explore new areas.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Macks View Post
    West Hill Creek might also be a go, by the number of shacks there. Can't see a formal Ramp though.
    Last time I was at Carmila Beach the ramp had half a metre of mud covering the lower section but there was a stack of precast ramp units there. The creek mouth dries at low tide so it would be in and out at high only. Not sure if any of the sheds/cabins are available for rent
    The Camila Beach ramp was very good and would think it is all tide. The ramp was precast all the way when we were there. Pulled barra, jew, cod, pikies, fingermark, muddies and jacks from there. Keen to look at West Hill as that is on our next trip list.
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12