Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Clairview sneak away

Just came back from a trip away with a mate to stay another mate's holiday hut at Clairview. Our last trip there was Oct 2020 apparently and it definately is a place that takes some thinking. Tides that disappear out a couple hundred metres from the ramp and an exposed shore ramp adds to the challenge. We took the opportunity to explore three creeks nearby (one we drove to and launched and the others we ran along the coast and into them) and all were very different to each other which was great to get the grey matter stretched to workout options. We threw some pots in and did pretty well with eight good muddies. Plenty of fish caught including barra (some legal and some unders), finger mark (some legal and some unders), jew, pike bream, grunter, cod (from 50cm to the smallest i have seen take lure), steel salmon, queenies and an archerfish. I didnt think archerfish were anywhere near there being freshwater and more FNQ (well that is where I caught them before), but it certainly looks like one to me. Smacked a zerek live mullet aim at a 65cm barra I dropped and then caught the cast after the archer!

Was a great trip and cant wait to get back to explore more creeks and try to work out the place a bit more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Now, I'm not saying we should invoke capital punishment for Stupidity, but how about we just take all the warning labels off everything and let nature sort itself out?