Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Grand Slam
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after an absence of a couple of months from my local waterways, Ducksta stirred me up for me to get out there again.
    Got woken early by txt from mate saying he was to buggered to come out, now I was tired being woken early but decided that I would follow through.
    I decided on a calming experience which meant sinking baits. Got out there and the first thing I noticed was that there was only 0.5m of water in the channel at 3/4 tide ???

Found what looked like a honey hole near the new bar, settled down but just too much traffic from yaks, tinnies and jetskis just coming for a look at the new bar.

Moved away to a spot I knew produced and settled down to fish after fish, all just over legal or smaller. Mostly bream, tarwhine and grunter. It was a few hours of just me and the surrounds, not another boat nearby, certainly was a reset sorely needed. When I decided it was enough I decided on one last cast and it produced a nice tarwhine just on 30cm, lucky day for it as it went back.

On the way home decided on a quick flick and very quickly got s small GT, then followed by a 48cm flattie then a 43cm flattie. Being generous today they also went back.

All on all a great day till I got back to the ramp 2 hrs before low tide, 20 m out and too shallow to motor in, seems it's been building up over the last 2 mths. Had to do a beach retrieve but still was feeling good for taking time out.

Thanks Ducks for the inspiration, greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Dignity; 19-04-2022 at 07:37 PM.